The MSc program in Accounting, Valuation & Financial Management is designed to prepare students for careers such as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), management consultant, investment banker, business controller, financial analyst or auditor.
As a graduate from the program, you will have a deep understanding of how financial and non-financial controls can be integrated and used for managing multinational companies from various industries, how large companies report to external share- and stakeholders and how those evaluate the financial and non-financial performance of companies in for example valuation settings. For the 2018 intake, we have redesigned the program to be even more competitive and attractive to students and employers.
Key topics include financial reporting principles, business control, capital budgeting, financial analysis and corporate valuation. In all our courses we take an analytical and international perspective. For example, in the financial reporting core courses we focus on the main concepts and principles that lie behind most international accounting standards such as IFRS. Consequently, the insights you get in the program remain valuable also when concrete financial standards change. We see accounting as a language you need to understand in order to properly analyze and understand a business corporation.
As a top level program with relatively low number of students, we can offer an intimate and creative learning environment. Our faculty (all active researchers) is engaged in pedagogical development and intrigued by the learning journey of our students. The program is thoughtfully designed to encompass a variety of pedagogical methods such as lectures, group work, case teaching and a high degree of real-world examples. With close connections to the business community we are also able to have frequent guest lectures by top management of multinational firms.
CLASS COMPOSITION | FALL 2018
- 60 students enrolled
- GMAT range: 610-760
- GRE average: 164
- Swedes: 38
- Other nationalities: 7
- Average age: 24
Nationalities other than Swedish:
China, Germany, Finland, Latvia, Italy, United States.
1. Bachelor’s degree
Should contain at least 90 ECTS in Business Administration (including up to 30 ECTS in Economics), with a minimum of 20 ECTS in Accounting and Finance.
Students in their last year of the Bachelor program are welcome to apply and must upload a document in the application with the remaining courses in their degree.
2. GMAT or GRE test result
– GMAT (total score) of 600 or more
– GRE score (quantitative) of 155 or more
3. Proof of proficiency in English
We accept the following options as proof of your proficiency in English:
– IELTS Academic score at least 7
– TOEFL iBT total score at least 100
– English as native language
– Bachelor’s degree from a program conducted completely in English
– Qualifications “English B/6” from Swedish upper secondary school
– Upper Secondary School under the curriculum of International Baccalaureate
4. Motivation & supporting attachments
- Letter of motivation answering a question why you are interested in the program and why you are a suitable candidate.
- Brief CV with your recent achievements
- Relevant work experience and extracurricular activities may be considered.
- References are not required, but we give a possibility to submit them. Only contact details of your referees are needed from your side.
Successful students of the MSc Program in Accounting, Valuation and Financial Management tend to have at least four courses in Accounting and Finance and a strong academic record.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com