This is a high-quality programme run by researchers who specialise in Applied Linguistics. Our research areas include discourse analysis, writing and speaking in English, second language acquisition, sociolinguistics and computer-mediated communication.
The focus of the programme is the English language in different contexts and different communicative situations. We look at current issues in the different areas of Applied English Linguistics, the status of English as a global language, and communicating and learning in different environments including technology-mediated environments. A course specifically on linguistic method is included in the programme in order to prepare you for writing and presenting your thesis work.In addition to building on your existing knowledge of linguistics, this degree will help prepare you for continued studies in applied linguistics. The skills and competencies developed during the programme are also of value in the workplace where expertise in communication in English is a merit. The content and the aims of the programme are also highly relevant for language teachers who wish to extend their qualifications.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in English comprising at least 180 credits.
- The BA degree must include a thesis on the subject of English, or equivalent. The content of the thesis and the method used should be relevant to the chosen specialisation in the Master programme. The thesis needs to be written in English.
English Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English documented by an international proficiency test:
- an IELTS test with a minimum of 7.5 (and no module under 7), or equivalent knowledge; or
- a Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency with an A or B grade; or
- a TOEFL test including TWE with a minimum of 630 (paper) 267 (computer) or 109 (Internet).
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com