Why choose this programme?
In this programme, students are trained to gain the systematic and taxonomic expertise needed in our society to be able to take action against loss of biodiversity.
The nordic master programme in biodiversity and systematics – NABiS – is a consortium aimed at developing taxonomic skills and awareness among biodiversity professionals in Scandinavia. The universities involved in the programme is University of Gothenburg, University of Lund, Natural History Museum of Denmark, Uppsala University, Aarhus University, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Tromsø University Museum and University of Oslo.
The courses will be taught as a combination of assisted e-learning and intensive field or lab sessions where students and teachers meet for a short period of time at the host university or at a field station.
It will interest students who desire a career in nature conservation, or who wish to work for government agencies or non-governmental organizations, such as:
- World Wide Fund for Nature,
- other nature conservation organizations,
- agencies such as Norwegian Institute for Nature Research or Norwegian Environment Agency or
- want to pursue careers as curators or researchers within Natural History Museums, Botanical Gardens and universities.
The programme emphasizes on four key components: scientific knowledge, practical skills Independent academic thinking and ability to convey knowledge, ethics and sustainability in a global perspective.
After successfully completing the programme the student will be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of theories in the field of Biodiversity and Systematics, in the broad sense as well as at a more detailed level in a limited part of the field.
- Demonstrate deeper insight into current research practice and methodologies in the field of biodiversity and systematics.
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrate ability to critically and systematically integrate knowledge and perspectives and to analyse, assess and deal with complex biological problems, issues and situations in particular within the field of Biodiversity and Systematics.
- Demonstrate ability to critically, independently and creatively identify and formulate scientific objectives and, within specified time limits and using appropriate methods, carry out the tasks required to obtain results and by appropriately evaluating the work contribute to the development of knowledge within the field.
- Demonstrate an ability to clearly present and communicate scientific findings, both orally and in writing, and, in dialogue with different social groups, nationally as well as internationally, discuss the conclusions in relation to the state of knowledge within the field and the arguments behind it.
- Demonstrate skills required to participate in research as well as developmental work or for independently pursuing other qualified work.
Judgement and approach
- Demonstrate an ability to assess biological, social and ethical consequences of biodiversity issues and demonstrate awareness of ethical aspects of research and management practice.
- Demonstrate an ability to reflect on the possibilities and limitations of science, on its role in society and the responsibility of humans on how it is being used.
- Demonstrate an ability to reflect on their personal impact on biodiversity in a global perspective.
- Demonstrate an ability to reflect on their personal learning process and take responsibility for further knowledge development.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org