The future energy challenge calls for new supplies of affordable sustainable energy.
Making greater use of the renewable energy systems available is a way to meet the climate change challenge while helping to secure the availability of energy supplies to us all. In this programme, you will learn how to produce energy safely, economically, and using low-emission technology and renewable energy sources.
After graduation, you will understand the benefits and drawbacks of different bioenergy generation technologies and will be able to design small-scale bioenergy systems.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing this Master’s programme, you will be able to:
- analyse, design and select energy conversion processes for different applications, taking technological, economical, environmental and societal aspects into account
- apply and develop mathematical models to solve energy technological problems
- investigate and design small-scale bio-energy systems
- understands what prerequisites various bio-fuels sets for their utilisation (processes and equipment)
- take part in strategic planning at a national level to increase the use of bio-energy nationally
- understands and to explain the benefits and drawbacks of different bio-energy generation technologie
- manage and organise both national and international projects
- design energy technology related equipment, plants, processes and systems
- communicate and act in academic and research environment
work as specialist in energy technology.
Degree structure and studies
The Master’s Programme in Bioenergy Systems is a two-year programme. It leads to the degree of Master of Science in Technology, M.Sc. (Tech.), which is 120 ECTS credits.
The programme includes core and specialisation studies.
Core studies (17-18 ECTS credits) include courses on maintenance management, bioenergy, technology and society, turbomachinery.
Specialisation studies (102 ECTS credits). Specialisation studies include obligatory and elective studies:
Obligatory specialisation studies (59 ECTS credits) include courses on energy systems engineering, bioenergy technology solutions, energy economics, steam boilers.
Elective specialisation studies (43 ECTS credits) include courses on district heating, advanced modelling for transport phenomena, steam turbines, renewable energy technology.
The Master’s thesis and seminar, 30 ECTS credits, is a part of specialisation studies. The thesis an advanced research project, which requires approximately six months of full-time work. It is completed during the fourth semester of the degree programme.
Double degree studies for LUT degree students
The programme also offers students a possibility for double degree studies. Students admitted to the double degree programme receive a degree certificate from two universities after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities involved.
Students admitted to complete the Master’s degree in this Master’s programme at LUT may apply for the double degree programme with the Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnical University.
You can find the most recent information about available courses, teaching schedules and degree structures from the LUT study guide.
Double degree studies for students from partner universities
Students from partner universities are able to study as a double degree student at LUT. Students admitted to the double degree programme receive a degree certificate from two universities after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities.
The programme’s double degree partner universities are:
- Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Russia
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnical University, Russia
- St. Petersburg Mining University, Russia
- Tomsk Polytechnic University, Russia
Requirements for the Completed Degree
Degrees Completed in Finland
- Bachelor of Science in Technology
Completed in a Univeristy
Having completed a degree Diplomi-insinööri (DI) still makes you eligible to apply, but only when applying with the degree Tekniikan kandidaatti.
EXCEPTION: Degree DI accepted if completed before 2008 before no separate Bachelor’s Degrees existed.
NOTE: You are ineligible to apply, if having completed a degree DI in a study programme in the same field of study compared to the programme you are applying to.
- Bachelor of Engineering
Completed in a University of Applied Sciences
Having completed a degree Insinööri (YAMK) still makes you eligible to apply, but only when applying with the degree Insinööri (AMK).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a field other than Technology
Completed in a University
- Master’s Degree in a field other than Engineering
Completed in a University of Applied Sciences
Degrees Completed Worldwide (excluding Finland)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology – All countries
Completed in a University
- Bachelor of Engineering – EU/EEA countries
Completed in a University of Applied SciencesBoth the above mentioned degrees have to meet with the following criteria:
- The degree must be equivalent to a similar Finnish Bachelor’s Degree regarding to number of academic years and ECTS credits required.
- The degree must give you eligibility to apply to university level Master’s studies in the country where the degree was completed in.
- Having completed a Master’s Degree still makes you eligible to apply, but only when applying with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Exception: Master’s Degree with no immediate prior Bachelor’s Degree included is accepted.
NOTE: The Admissions Committee for the programme reserves a right to decide whether the degree and the completed studies provide the applicant with eligibility to apply to the programme.
Requirements for the Degree Awarding University
The university awarding you the degree that you are applying with must be an official and recognized part of the national education system and has to be listed on the World Higher Education Database WHED by International Association of Universities.
Possibility to Apply as Undergraduate
You are eligible to apply as undergraduate and if admitted, you must
- Complete your degree by July 31, 2019
- Mail an officially certified copy of your Degree Certificate and Transcript of Records together with the official translations (if applicable), to LUT Admissions Services in a way that they are received by August 5, 2019 at 15:00 (GMT +2)
- Degrees completed in certain countries require you to follow the country-specific document requirements for authenticating and/or delivering your educational documents.
- Prepare yourself for a long period of time required for the authentication process before being able to mail us the documents.
Requirements for Proficiency in English
Accepted Language Tests
One of the following language tests in English with at least the minimum score mentioned is required for you to prove your proficiency in English:
- TOEFL – 80 iBT or 550 PBT
- IELTS Academic – 6.0
- PTE Academic – 54
- C1 Advanced by Cambridge English Qualifications – grade C
Previously known as CAE by Cambridge English Qualifications
- C2 Proficiency by Cambridge English Qualifications – grade C
Previously known as CPE by Cambridge English Qualifications
NOTE: A Language Certificate issued by your home university or any other institution or organisation is not accepted.
Validity for the Language Test
Your language test result has to be valid at least on the first day of the application period i.e. on December 3, 2018. If not, you are required to take a new language test as you will not be eligible to apply with an expired language test result.
All the language test results accepted by LUT are valid for two years from the date of taking the test.
Minimum Requirement for GPA
The GPA for the degree providing you with the eligibility to apply must be
- a minimum of 3.00 on the scale of 1.00-5.00
Minimum Requirement for Programme-Specific Studies
To be eligible to apply, you must have completed
- a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of programme-specific studies in Energy Technology
- a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of programme-specific studies in Mathematics or Physics
For further information, please see the page Admissions Criteria and Selection.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com