The Degree Programme in Business Management and Entrepreneurship is intended for persons who wish to develop their international competences and know-how in international business. The studies develop the students’ understanding and knowledge of global business environments, strategic management and innovation as well as customer relationship management in international markets. The degree programme provides students with a Master’s degree (Master of Business Administration).
The degree programme develops the students’ business competences and entrepreneurial competences. The studies offer competences that develop students’ strategic and organizational thinking in a creative and responsible way. They respond to the requirements of enterprises and other organisations and prepare students especially for challenging development projects in business environment.
During their studies, students can focus on changing working environment, leadership and future working life skills, renewable organizations, competitiveness management, business reform and entrepreneurship
The studies are part-time studies and can be completed alongside a normal day job. There are some contact meetings and eLearning methods are used efficiently. During the modules, students work individually and in small groups. The students come approximately once a month on Fridays to Hämeenlinna Visamäki campus. Studies last about 2-2,5 years.
Applicants are required to have at least a bachelor-level degree in the field of Master’s degree programme as well as a minimum of three years’ work experience in a field of one’s degree. Master’s degrees in universities of applied sciences are equal to other Finnish Master’s degrees, and give the same qualifications as them. The part-time students’ challenges in time management are taken into careful consideration while implementing the studies. Contact lessons are arranged once a month and modern e-learning tools are utilised, so it is possible to study alongside a job.
Timetable for joint application in spring 2019
Application period 2
|20 March 2019||Application period begins|
|3 April 2019 3:00 pm (Finnish time)||Application period ends|
|10 April 2019||Enclosures must be downloaded to the application at Studyinfo.fi|
|May 2019||Entrance examination invitations will be sent|
|21 May 2019||Entrance examinations|
|28 June 2019||Student selection results are published at the latest|
|8 July 2019 3:00 pm (Finnish time)||Admitted applicants must confirm their study places|
You can apply for a Master’s degree programme if you have
- a relevant higher education degree and
- at least three years of work experience, obtained after completing the degree.
The degree needs to be completed by 31 July 2016 and work experience obtained by 31 July 2019.
If you have completed in Finland a vocational college diploma (opistoaste) or higher vocational diploma (ammatillinen korkea-aste, mm. insinööri), a relevant higher education degree needs to be completed by 12 July 2019 and work experience obtained by 31 July 2019.
The relevant qualifications for Master’s Degree Programme in Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Tradenomi (AMK), Bachelor of Business Administration
- Restonomi (AMK), Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
- Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
- Other relevant qualification comparable to the above mentioned qualifications. You need to have at least 40 credits of Bachelor’s level studies in the field of Economics and Business Administration.
In addition to the required qualification, you need to have at least three years of work experience from the field of study of your higher education degree or from the field of study of the degree programme you are applying to. The work experience needs to be obtained after completing the higher education degree.
Notice: Work experience can be counted after completing a Finnish vocational college diploma or a Finnish higher vocational diploma. These are old qualifications offered in Finland before the year 2000. The work experience must be from the field of study of your higher education degree or from the field of study of the degree programme you are applying to.
The work experience needs to be obtained by 31 July 2019.
- The only kind of work experience accepted is one of which you have been given a testimonial by your employer.
- Entrepreneurship is accepted as work experience if you can provide a certificate of it given by a designated authority (in Finland i.e. a testimonial of YEL or MYEL insurance).
- A part-time job is converted into full-time so that 150 hours or 20 full-length working days (at least 7 hours per day) are equivalent to one month.
- The work experience does not have to be continuous or obtained under the same employer.
- Work placement or practical training are not counted towards work experience if they are included in the degree used in admission.
- Military service, non-military service or child-care leave are not counted towards work experience.
Refugee or refugee-like situation
If you are a refugee or in a refugee-like situation and you cannot prove your eligibility through documentary evidence, HAMK can consider whether you can be invited to the entrance exam. You must prove the refugee status by reference to a decision made by competent authority and submit a copy of it to the Admission Services within 7 days after the application period has ended.
Required English language proficiency
Applicants English language skills will be tested in the entrance examinations. No language skills certificates are required.
- Apply through the national joint application system at www.studyinfo.fi between 20 March – 3 April 2019 3:00 pm Finnish time.
- The application form must be submitted before the application period ends on 3 April 2019 3.00 pm Finnish time. After the application period has ended, it is no longer possible to submit the application.
In the joint application of Finnish universities and universities of applied sciences you can apply to 1-6 degree programmes in the order of your preference. Consider the order of your preferences carefully as you will be offered a study place based on your order of preference and your admission points.
If you are not admitted to your first-choice degree programme your points are checked for your second choice etc. If you are e.g. admitted to your second choice degree programme, your application to all degree programmes below that in your order of preference will be cancelled automatically.
Please notice: You are only allowed to submit one application. If you submit several applications the last application will stay in force.
Making changes to the application
You may change or delete the application preferences indicated on the application form until the end of the application period. Once the application period has ended, you may no longer:
- change the order of your preferences
- add new preferences
- delete individual preferences.
Deleting the entire application is possible at any time.
Changes in address or other relevant personal details can be changed any time (also outside the application period).
Attachments to the application
Please provide attachments to the admission services of HAMK by 10 April 2019 3.00 pm Finnish time.
- Provide a copy of the original degree certificate.
- Provide a copy of the original testimonials concerning your work experience.
- Send also an official Finnish, Swedish or English translation of the certificate if the certificate/testimonial is not written in one of these languages. The translation must have the translator’s signature and stamp.
- If you have completed a Finnish vocational college diploma (opistoaste) or a Finnish higher vocational diploma (ammatillinen korkea-aste, mm. insinööri) and will complete a Bachelor’s degree by 10 July 2018, provide a copy of the certificate (college diploma or higher vocational diploma) and a transcript of records (Bachelor’s degree).
Upload your documents as an attachment to the application or send them to the following address:
HAMK University of Applied Sciences
PO Box 225
Student selection criteria
Students are selected on the basis of the points awarded for entrance examination.
All eligible candidates will be invited to the entrance examination. The minimum score for a passed examination is 40/100.
The entrance examination will be conducted on 21 May 2019 in Hämeenlinna, University Center. The examination includes a test based on written materials. There is no pre-reading material.
HAMK UAS does not accept the entrance examination result gained in the same degree programme of another UAS.
Student selection results
The student selection results of the joint application will be published by 28 June 2019 at the latest.
You will be sent an e-mail if you are offered a study place. You then have time until 8 July 2019 at 3:00 pm (Finnish time) to confirm the study place using the link included in the message or by logging in to My Studyinfo -service with online banking credentials, mobile certificate or an electronic ID card.
Please notice that once you confirm the study place you cannot anymore accept any other study places leading to a higher education degree in Finland if the studies begin in the same academic term. The one-study-place-per-term-provision applies to higher education regardless of how the studies are provided. For example, if you have already accepted a study place offered to you in some direct application, you cannot then anymore accept a study place from the joint application if the study programme begins in the same academic term.
If you are not satisfied with the results of the student selection process, please contact the university of applied sciences you have applied to.
If the matter is not resolved, you may appeal in writing to the executive board of the university of applied sciences (the Board of HAMK University of Applied Sciences) within 14 days from the time you had the possibility of receiving information on student selection.
The Board of HAMK University of Applied Sciences
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com