The foundation of the Master’s Programme in Changing Education is international and multicultural awareness and competence. As a graduate, you will be able to:
- understand and apply the critical evaluation of topics independently, as well as in co-operation with other groups and communities
- critically and analytically evaluate, reflect and gain information on the constantly changing nature of education and society
- work ethically towards more socially just educational policies and systems
- use methods from basic neuroscience and educational psychology to improve teaching and learning
- continue your studies in a PhD programme
- work on education-related issues as a well-qualified professional within administration, development, research and training, for example, in governmental and non-governmental organisations, municipalities, educational institutions, consultancies or companies within the education business
Please note that this degree (Master of Arts in Education) does not provide a Finnish teacher’s qualification.
The scope of the Master’s Programme in Changing Education is 120 credits (ECTS) to be completed in two academic years. The curriculum comprises compulsory and optional modules in educational sciences, courses in qualitative and quantitative research methods and culminates in the production of a Master’s thesis. You can also include optional studies in related disciplines, an internship and a student exchange period as part of your degree.
The programme is aimed for students who have completed a first-cycle degree (e.g., bachelor’s degree) in Finland or elsewhere. The language of teaching and studying in the programme is English.
The programme is structured around three topic areas:
- Education, society and culture
- Educational psychology and neuroscience
- Pedagogy, educational institutions and research-based teacher education
The Master’s thesis, an independent scientific study, is an integral part of your degree. The aim is to develop the basic skills required for conducting research, including:
- defining a chosen research problem in the context of previous research in the field
- finding information independently and assessing this information critically
- mastering the theories and research methods required for the work
- analysing data
- communicating results in a clear and logical format appropriate to the audience
During a year-long Master’s thesis seminar, you participate in research seminar meetings, complete seminar assignments, write your Master’s thesis and present your findings in research seminar meetings. In the seminar meetings, you get regular feedback about your work from your supervisor and fellow students.
Upon completing the Master’s thesis seminar, you will have advanced skills in critical thinking and writing, as well as a thorough understanding of your thesis topic. Given its scope and complexity, your Master’s thesis will also help you develop research and project management skills, which will be useful in a variety of professions.
The degree of Master of Arts in Education provides general eligibility for postgraduate studies and a solid foundation for doctoral studies.
At the University of Helsinki, doctoral education is carried out in four doctoral schools. Suitable doctoral programmes are for instance:
Building your career begins already during your studies. From the start of your studies until one year after the completion of your degree, the Career Services at the University of Helsinki give guidance and support, including career guidance and counselling, courses and events, and facilitation of mentoring groups.
Upon graduation, you will be well-qualified to work as a professional on issues related to education within administration, development, research and training. Some potential employers are governmental and non-governmental organisations, municipalities, educational institutions, consultancies and companies within the education business.
The degree of Master of Arts in Education provides general eligibility for postgraduate studies and qualifies you for positions which require a master’s level education. However, it does not provide a Finnish teacher’s qualification.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org