Computer systems are becoming increasingly powerful and intelligent, and they rely on increasingly sophisticated techniques. To master the complexity of these systems, it is essential to understand the core areas of computer science.
This programme offers a comprehensive foundation in the science of programming. It gives the student a strong basis for developing the computer applications of today and tomorrow and for conducting innovative research and promoting development.
The core of the programme covers four main areas of computing science
- Algorithms including artificial intelligence, machine learning and optimisation
- Logic including applications in hardware and software verification
- Programming languages with underlying principles, implementation techniques and advanced programming techniques.
- Computer security including cryptography and programming language-based approaches to security.
The optional segment of the programme offers the student a broad range of courses in other areas of computer science, bioinformatics, software engineering, mathematics and other relevant areas.
Who should apply
The programme is intended for students who wish to study the core areas of computer science on an advanced level in order to prepare themselves for research and development in the software industry. It also provides an ideal basis for academic research in computer science.
Most students will have a BSc in computer science. However, the programme can also serve as a conversion course for students with BSc in related subjects, such as mathematics, physics or engineering sciences, provided they have basic knowledge of mathematics and programming, and have completed an introductory computer science course such as data structures or algorithms.
You will acquire a strong computer science background and thus gain access to a wide range of opportunities in the information technology industry. Students acquire lasting subject knowledge and are in a good position to understand and contribute to technological advances.
- Search engines such as Google and Yahoo are based on advanced algorithms research.
- Examples of companies that employ technically skilled computer scientists include Ericsson and Volvo, and local companies such as Jeppesen, a leader in airline crew scheduling.
The programme also provides the student with an excellent background for future PhD studies in computing, which can lead to a career as an academic researcher or computing teacher.
Other Programmes that might interest you
Entry requirements (academic year 2019/20)
An applicant must either have a Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering/Technology/Architecture or be enrolled in his/her last year of studies leading to such a degree.
General entry requirements
Bachelor’s degree with a major in: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Automation and Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Mathematics, Software Engineering or related subjects
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org