Data Science is the science of extracting knowledge or insight from various types of data. The study of Data Science combines mathematics, statistics and informatics making you ready for meeting the Data revolution.
Required specialization and minimum grade requirement
You must have a minimum grade average comparable to a Norwegian C in the required specialization. A Norwegian C is described as a good grade, generally comparable to an American B and a Second Class Upper in the British system. We do not use conversion tables for foreign grades. All foreign education is individually evaluated during the admission process.
Please note that eligible applicants who fulfill the minimum grade requirement will compete for a study place. Please see the section on ranking for more information on selection criteria.
The required specialization consists of 80 ECTS credits where the following, or equivalent, courses are included:
- MAT1110 – Calculus and linear algebra
- MAT1120 – Linear algebra
- IN1900 – Introduction to Programming with Scientific Applications (INF1100 – Introduction to programming with scientific applications (continued)) / IN1000 – Introduction to Object-oriented Programming (INF1000 – Introduction to object-oriented programming (continued))
- IN1910 – Programming with Scientific Applications / IN1010 – Object-oriented Programming / INF1010 – Object oriented programming (continued)
- STK1100 – Probability and statistical modelling
- STK1110 – Statistical methods and data analysis
- Two of the following courses:
- IN2010 – Algorithms and Data Structures / INF2220 – Algorithms and Data Structures (continued)
- INF2810 – Functional Programming
- IN2090 – Databaser og datamodellering / INF3100 – Database Systems
- IN3050 – Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning / INF3490 – Biologically inspired computing
- STK2100 – Machine learning and statistical methods for prediction and classification
- STK3100 – Introduction to generalized linear models
If you have completed studies/courses outside the University of Oslo, you must upload course descriptions. The course names and codes on the course descriptions must match the transcript of records.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org