3 or 4 years at home university in St. Petersburg + 1 year at Saimaa UAS
= 2 diplomas
Students from Saint Petersburg participating in the Double Degree Programme
- St. Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- St. Petersburg State Transport University
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
study at least one full academic year at Saimaa University of Applied Sciences, take courses according to study plan and receive diplomas from both universities.
To apply please contact the International Office at your university.
Why should you participate in Double Degree Programme in Civil and Construction Engineering?
- The selected students are granted a scholarship (5400 EUR per year) that will cover the tuition fee of this programme, which lasts 3 semesters
- Learn about Construction Engineering in Northern countries
- Acquire skills necessary for a wide range of international construction projects
- Study on real cases and participate in various company visits
- Get to know Finnish culture
- Study in the international environment
Structure of DD programme in Construction Engineering in 2020
The Double Degree Programme in Civil and Construction Engineering will start in the beginning of February 2020.
Courses offered in 2020
We reserve the right to modify the list of courses
Cultural Studies for Construction 5 ECTS
Building Engineering and Renovation 5 ECTS
Structural Engineering 5 ECTS
Building Physics and Energy Efficiency 5 ECTS
BIM in Building Processes 5 ECTS
Construction Management 5 ECTS
Project Work 5 ECTS
Practical training 10 ECTS
Thesis work 15 ECTS
DD programme in Construction Engineering is for students studying in a relevant degree programme in St. Petersburg.
- Students should have studied successfully at least three academic years at their home university (by the December 2019).
- An applicant should get 180 ECTS by February 2020 from his/her home university (1 ECTS = 27 hours of studies).
Each case is studied individually.
The Bachelor degree in Engineering from Saimaa UAS is given right after the graduation from the Double Degree programme.
The application period is September 23 – October 8, 2019
1) Students who wish to study at Saimaa University of Applied Sciences should contact the International office of their home university. The international offices should send the nominations (nomination form) by 22.9.2019 (late nominations may be sent until the end of application period) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The link to the application form will be sent directly to the nominated students by email.
2) The application period is from 23.9 till 8.10.2019 at 15:00 o’clock Finnish time. The application form is open only during this time period. Please note that late applications are not accepted.
Students will be asked to attach the following documents to their applications:
- The latest official Transcript of records from the home university (completed courses with grades).
- Authorized translation of Official Transcript of records in English language
- CV in English language (CV example)
- A copy of passport (foreign passport)
Please collect these documents well in advance before submitting your application. Note that it may take a few weeks to collect these documents.
3) All applications are to be checked, and the invitation to the entrance examination should be sent directly to the applicants by 11.10.2019.
4) The entrance examination will be held at St. Petersburg on 18.10.2019 (please book the whole day for the exam). On the examination your English language skills and knowledge in Civil and Construction Engineering will be evaluated. Structure of the exam:
- a written part
- an interview
5) Admission results are announced by 7 November 2019. The students should confirm their study place immideately.
Maximum intake = 20 students.
Admission Office, Saimaa UAS
Skinnarilankatu 36, FI-53850 Lappeenranta, FINLAND
tel. +358 40 029 0422 or +358 2049 66630
fax. +358 2049 66588
Responsible Lecturer, DDCIV-programme
Degree Programme Manager
tel. +358 40 517 7702
Secretary, International Affairs, room 2313C
tel. +358 40 529 7054
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com