Would you like to become an expert in and gain hands-on experience with energy conversion technologies such as e.g. batteries, fuel cells, electrolysis cells and photovoltaics – and/or would you like to get acquainted with the secrets of materials for hydrogen storage or piezo electric materials? And are you ready for a challenging and rewarding study abroad? If yes, then go for this two-year DTU-TUM 1:1 MSc programme in energy conversion and storage. You will spend one year at DTU and one year at TUM and will receive your MSc degree from the university at which you are enrolled.
You will acquire extensive expertise on various energy technologies focusing on sustainability and renewable energy. Via the general competence courses at the beginning of your study, you will be given an introduction to the main aspects of sustainable energy systems. Hereafter you will work further with different energy technologies via both theoretical and experimental courses. Finally, via elective courses and during your MSc thesis project, you will have the possibilities for choosing more laboratory and application-oriented courses and for tuning your MSc degree to the desired topic of interest in the field of energy conversion and storage.
Students from DTU will be awarded the MSc in Sustainable Energy, and students from TUM will be awarded the MSc in Mechanical Engineering. Your diploma will bear the logos of both universities and will be supplemented by a special insert which describes your participation in the DTU-TUM 1:1 MSc programme.
Why choose an international 1:1 master program?
Besides the fact that studying abroad will boost your CV, this 1:1 MSc programme offers you:
- Admittance to highly renowned teaching and research facilities at TUM
- An MSc thesis supervisor from both DTU and TUM
- Easy planning of your stay abroad; DTU has an exchange agreement with TUM
- Suggestions for a study plan which means that you can concentrate less on credit transfer and more on your study
DTU has a leading position in energy research and research within energy conversion and storage technologies, and high-quality national and international networks and partnerships have laid down a solid foundation for our activities. The area is seeing strong growth, providing ample scope for employment in Denmark and abroad.
Typical fields of work
You can engage in the implementation of sustainable energy technologies in energy systems or specific technology projects – including modelling and evaluation of environmental and social implications. Graduates can be employed for projects in companies developing and producing renewable energy technologies and energy conversion technologies, while others will be engaged in project design and the development and implementation of renewable energy projects for e.g. energy companies.
Admission and deadlines
The following Bachelor of Science in Engineering programs from DTU entitle students to the DTU-TUM 1:1 MSc programme in Energy Conversion and Storage within the frame of the MSc Eng program in Sustainable Energy:
- General Engineering (Cyber Materials and Future Energy)
- Physics and Nanotechnology
- Chemistry and Technology
BSc students from DTU Mechanical Engineering and DTU Electrical Engineering should contact the programme coordinator, Anne Hauch, for individual assessment depending on elective courses during their BSc studies.
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Bachelors of Natural Science and Bachelors of Engineering from other universities with qualifications equivalent to the relevant Bachelors of Science in Engineering from DTU.
How to apply
- Fill in the application form
- Hand in the application form + supporting documents to DTU International Affairs Office
- DTU International Affairs Office will register and forward the applications to the programme coordinator
- The programme coordinator will consult the TUM programme coordinator and together they will select the most eligible students
- The programme coordinator will inform DTU International Affairs Office about their decision
- DTU International Affairs Office will inform the students and issue Nomination Letters
- Motivated and dedicated students
- Strong English Language skills.
Pre-approval of courses
Courses taken abroad must be approved by the DTU professor responsible for the individual 1:1 MSc programme.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com