Boost your CV by studying abroad; study at two internationally acclaimed universities, spend one year abroad, and gain a unique specialization in Environmental Engineering.
The DTU-TUM 1:1 is a two-year intensive exchange master’s programme for students enrolled at either DTU or TUM. You will spend one year at TUM and one year at DTU and receive your master’s degree from the university you are enrolled in.
The study programme aims to provide students with the competencies to develop sustainable solutions to complex environmental issues, while also taking into account legal, societal, financial, and resource aspects. As a graduate MSc in Environmental Engineering you will be able to design, conduct, and interpret laboratory and field experiments and can quantify the hazards, risks, and uncertainties of environmental problems.
After successful completion of the programme, students from DTU and TUM will be awarded the Master of Science in Environmental Engineering. Your diploma will bear the logos of both universities and will be supplemented by a special insert which describes your participation in the DTU-TUM 1:1 master’s programme.
The main focus of the programme is themes such as:
- Urban water engineering
- Environmental hazards and resources management
- Water resource management
Studying abroad jump-starts your career as employers are always looking for graduates with an international outlook and intercultural competencies. Upon graduation you will be eligible to enter a PhD programme, but you will also be qualified for leading positions in industry.
The fast growth and development in environmental calls for engineers with the skills to meet the increasing market demands for innovative and flexible products that can respond to the needs of a rapidly changing market.
As a graduate from this mater’s programme you will be qualified to work in job functions such as consulting, planning, construction, project leadership and analysis, research, teaching and management. Some of the most typical sectors are within water supply, wastewater and water resources and soil and ground water remediation.
Graduating from the MSc programme with a high grade point average will qualify you for admission to PhD studies—either as an industrial PhD with concurrent employment in a company, or as a regular PhD student.
Admission and deadlines
1 December – for start in the fall semester
1 June – for start in the spring semester*
*Students who started at DTU on 1 September may send the application form by 10 September
The DTU-TUM Dual Master’s programme is only open to students, who have been formally admitted to DTU’s regular MSc in Environmental Engineering programme. Therefore, it is not possible to apply for admission directly to the dual degree programme.
How to apply
1. Fill in the application form
2. Hand in the application form + supporting documents to DTU International Affairs Office
3. DTU International Affairs Office will register and forward the applications to the Programme coordinator
4. The Programme coordinator will consult their counterparts and select the most eligible students
5. The Programme coordinator will inform DTU International Affairs Office about their decision
6. DTU International Affairs Office will inform the students and issue Nomination Letters
• Motivated and dedicated students
• Above average GPA
• Strong English Language skills.
Pre-approval of courses
• Courses taken abroad must be approved by the DTU professor responsible for the individual 1:1 programme.
For DTU students a standard period of two consecutive semesters is taken at the host institution. This can either be in the first and the second semester (master’s thesis conducted at the home institution), or the third and fourth semester (master’s thesis conducted at the host institution):
• Period one: 1st + 2nd semester (master’s thesis conducted at the home institution)
• Period two: 3rd + 4th semester (master’s thesis conducted at the host institution)
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org