Future is in your hands
Our two-year Master’s Programme educates professionals in environmental engineering and circular economy. With us you will learn about processes and technologies to produce clean water, to recover nutrients and metals, to produce renewable energy and biochemicals, and to minimize pollution and to support sustainable use of natural resources. You will thus become expert in promoting environmental sustainability.
To be a successful student in our Master’s Programme, you should have a background in an applicable field of engineering, for example in environmental or energy engineering, biotechnology or natural sciences. We appreciate proficiency in mathematics, a strong motivation and vision for the future.
Our courses provide a wide range of topics from molecular biology level up to waste and wastewater treatment and their automation. This allows you to sharpen your focus on, for example sustainable environmental technologies, digital applications, advanced bioprocesses, bioenergy and biorefining, or governance for circular economy. The professional training and Master’s thesis work allows you to start building your career and networks in the environmental sector.
With the acquired tools and understanding of environmental sustainability, and with the engineering mindset, you will have excellent career opportunities in different fields of environmental engineering. The graduates can be employed for example as process engineers, consultants or project managers in industries and municipalities. If you want, you may also continue your studies towards a doctoral degree.
The studies are composed of three blocks:
- The common core studies are compulsory for all students. They give you the basic information you need at the beginning of your studies when you explore the different opportunities for choosing your major studies. Common core studies also include guidance in writing and presenting your Master’s thesis.
- The major studies are a combination of compulsory and complementary courses. The compulsory courses process engineering, life cycle assessment, design of water treatment processes, environmental governance and living lab working – give basis of sustainability thinking and engineering practices. Complementary courses can be selected from our wide range of topics from molecular biology level up to waste and wastewater treatment processes and their automation. This allows you to choose a field of specialization, for example sustainable environmental technologies, digital applications, advanced bioprocesses, bioenergy and biorefining, or governance for circular economy. The topic of your Master’s thesis can be chosen to reflect your specialization theme and the experience that you acquired during the traineeship.
- You may also select up to 10 ECTS of courses based on your own interests. These can be for example language or communications studies. TAU offers a wide variety of courses to select from.
After completing the programme, you will be qualified to pursue a wide range of career opportunities in the different fields of environmental engineering and circular economy. Our graduates are eligible to work for example in municipalities, companies and organizations as a developer, process engineer, consultant, researcher or project manager in positions where knowledge and skills in environmental engineering are required. Following the successful completion of the programme, you will also be eligible to apply for admission to doctoral programmes in Finland or abroad.
Eligibility criteria in the Master’s degree programmes consist of two parts: Tampere University’s general eligibility criteria, and programme-specific eligibility criteria, which specify and/or add information to the general criteria. You must meet both to be considered eligible. Applicants who do not meet both the general eligibility and the programme-specific eligibility criteria will not be selected as students in Tampere University.
To be eligible to apply to a Master’s degree programme at Tampere University, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree – nationally recognized first cycle degree
- which corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study
- from relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from an accredited institution of higher education
- AND a good command of the English language for academic purposes. For more information, please see Language requirements.
A Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility for university-level master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
Applicants in their final final year of the Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply if the degree will be completed by 31 July 2020. In this case, they may be accepted conditionally. Please see special instructions for applicants in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may be admitted only well-founded reasons and only if they are able to show that the new degree at Tampere University provides the applicant with significant new knowledge and skills.
Programme specific eligibility criteria
The previous degree should be from a field closely related to the Master’s programme you are applying to. In the Master’s programme in Environmental Engineering the previous degree has to be in one of the following (or highly related) fields:
- Biotechnology, Energy Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering. Applicants with other BSc degrees in related fields may be considered.
Applicants who have completed their degree in Finland must meet the minimum cumulative GPA set by the programme to be eligible. The minimum is the same as in the admission to the same Master’s degree programme offered in Finnish.
|Minimum GPA for bachelor’s degree completed in a Finnish University of Applied Sciences (AMK)||Minimum GPA for bachelor’s degrees completed in a Finnish university (yliopisto)|
When counting the cumulative GPA weighted by ECTS only the courses (incl. thesis) with numeric grade value are taken into account. Applicants in their final year of Bachelor’s degree must meet the minimum cumulative GPA when applying and after graduation.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org