Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Infrastructure at KTH
The programme has no tracks and there is, in general, a large degree of freedom for the students to select courses within the programme, given that the specific course prerequisites are fulfilled. The courses offered within the programme are based on a combination of theoretical and practical approaches, both in the field as well as in laboratory, using tools as GIS, different computer models and tools for decision support.
Students will increase their understanding of the properties and functions of water and ecosystems, learn how to assess the local and global environmental impact of human activities, and apply advanced methods, techniques and modelling tools to describe, quantify and solve environmental problems.
Seven different competence profiles are meant to be an advice on the choice of courses and course sequences for competitive specialisations. In each competence profile, there is an inherent progression. The different competence profiles are:
- Water Technology; water systems, hydropower, effects of climate change.
- Environmental Geotechnology; contaminated areas, environmental geology, geotechnical aspects.
- Water and Wastewater Engineering; managing our water resources (drinking water and wastewater).
- Environmental Management and Information; environmental monitoring, measurement techniques.
- Sustainable Infrastructure; managing infrastructure and natural resources in a sustainable way.
- Environmental Systems Analysis; environmental assessment, life cycle assessment.
- Sustainable Societies; social and economic mechanisms that affect sustainable development.
The programme ends with a degree project that gives students the opportunity to investigate a problem in-depth, under the supervision of experienced practitioners and researchers. The topic for the degree project should be within the scope of the programme and relate to knowledge acquired through the courses. The thesis work is carried out in Sweden or abroad, and can be oriented towards research, technological development at a company or organisation, or a combination of both.
This is a two year programme (120 ECTS credits) given in English. Graduates are awarded the degree of Master of Science. The programme is given mainly at KTH Campus in Stockholm by the School of Architecture and Built Environment (at KTH).
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com