The MSc in Finance combines a rigorous, research-based curriculum with extensive real-world applications and operational skill building.
The program is taught by experienced faculty with outstanding expertise across financial topics. Topics covered include modern Capital Markets, Valuation (including options), Fixed Income, and Capital Structure. Electives include Value Investing, Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and International Finance.
Every student chooses one of two specializations: Corporate Finance and Investment Management. The choice of specialization is made at the end of the first semester of the program.
SSE’s MSc in Finance has been one of the most popular master programs in Europe, thanks to a great learning environment and outstanding career opportunities offered after graduation. Finance graduates pursue careers in investment banking, corporate finance, private equity, investment management, consulting, as well as non-finance positions.
The MSc program in Finance is consistently one of the top ranked programs across various rankings. For example, the Financial Times ranking of the world’s best masters programs (2018) have ranked the SSE Finance masters as no. 18 in the world, the top Nordic school represented.
Do you have questions regarding the academic content of the MSc Program in Finance? Send an e-mail to the Secretary at the Department of Finance, Jenny Wahlberg Andersson.
CLASS COMPOSITION | FALL 2018
MSc in Finance
- 80 students enrolled
- GMAT range: 640-770
- GRE average: 169
- Swedes: 40
- Other nationalities: 17
- Average age: 24
Nationalities other than Swedish:
Germany, China, Brazil, Italy, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, France, Turkey, Switzerland, Hungary, Finland, United States, Czech Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Azerbaijan, Romania, Russian Federation
1. Bachelor’s degree
Bachelor degree with at least 60 ECTS in Social Sciences (including but not limited to Finance, Business Administration and/or Economics) and with a minimum of 30 ECTS in quantitative fields, including but not limited to Finance, Accounting and Financial Management and Economics. The quantitative fields may be outside Social Sciences.
Students in their last year of the Bachelor program are welcome to apply and must upload a document in the application with the remaining courses in their degree.
2. GMAT or GRE test result
– GMAT (total score) of 600 or more
– GRE score (quantitative) of 155 or more
3. Proof of proficiency in English
We accept the following options as proof of your proficiency in English:
– IELTS Academic score at least 7
– TOEFL iBT total score at least 100
– English as native language
– Bachelor’s degree from a program conducted completely in English
– Qualifications “English B/6” from Swedish upper secondary school
– Upper Secondary School under the curriculum of International Baccalaureate
4. Motivation & supporting attachments
- Letter of motivation answering a question why you are interested in the program and why you are a suitable candidate
- Brief CV with your recent achievements
- Relevant work experience and extracurricular activities may be considered
- References are not required, but we give a possibility to submit them. Only contact details of your referees are needed from your side
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org