TRANSatlantic FORestry Master (TRANSFOR-M) is a two-year Master’s degree programme leading to a European and a Canadian Master’s degrees in forestry and environmental management. As a TRANSFOR-M student you will study modern sustainable forestry and environmental management approaches and gain multicultural perspectives on environmental, economic, and social issues. Your studies will consist of one-year studies in Finland and one-year studies in Canada.
Upon successful completion of the programme at the University of Eastern Finland, you will be awarded a MSc (Agr. & For) degree certificate by the University of Eastern Finland and a MSc degree certificate by the Canadian university where you studied one year.
Transfor-M programme in Europe is coordinated by the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, Germany and in Canada by the University of New Brunswick. Click on the Consortium link on the left to find out more about our Consortium universities.
Transfor-M at the University of Eastern Finland
At UEF as the home university Transfor-M programme welcomes applications from students who are currently studying forest sciences at the University of Eastern Finland or hold a Bachelor’s degree in forest sciences. Our programme specific application period is open from 1 November 2019 to 15 January 2020 for studies starting in autumn 2020.
Transfor-M has been running since 2011, and we are proud to say that our graduates have made exceptionally impressive careers, many of them attributing their career success to our programme! Click on the Students’ Voices link on the left to hear what our current students and alumni have to say about us.
How to apply to Transfor-M?
You will apply through your desired home university and be selected by both the home and the host university, and will be required to meet the minimum admission criteria for graduate studies at both universities.
The deadline for the programme specific call for applications each year is 15 January. If there are any questions related to the application or general requirements, please contact the local Transfor-M advisor.
The application documents include:
- Application form
- Letter of intent (not more than two pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts of current and previous degrees + degree certificate(s)
- Evidence of English language skills (TOEFL, see the requirements of the host university you are planning to apply)
- Two letters of recommendation (reference letters should be sent directly from referee to the advisor)
Sign and scan the forms and submit your application by email to your local Transfor-M advisor (UEF: marjoriitta.mottonen(at)uef.fi) by 15 January 2020.
In case you are pre-selected to participate in the Transfor-M programme, you need to apply for admission at your host university (and home university if you are not yet enrolled as a Master student at your home university) according to the instructions provided by the home universities and/or by the local coordinators. See the instructions for UEF below.
Transfor- M application procedures at UEF
Every year 1-5 students from UEF will get the chance to study in Canada. Selection will favour students with strong academic records and experience and credentials, suggesting serious interest in international work.
Please see below the instructions how to apply for admission:
1) If you are already a Bachelor or Master degree student in forest sciences at UEF, you need to apply for admission in the programme specific call as described above and submit the application documents to the local Transfor-M advisor at UEF by 15 January 2020.
2) If you hold a BSc in forest sciences but not from the University of Eastern Finland, in addition to sending your application to the local Transfor-M advisor at UEF by 15 January, you ALSO need to apply for the study right at UEF through Studyinfo.fi by 22 January in case you wish to have UEF as the home university. For the instructions see HERE.
3) Students who have applied to Transfor-M programme as one of the Canadian universities as the home university and have been pre-selected to Transfor-M programme with UEF as the host university, will be informed how to apply for the study right at UEF in case selected to Transfor-M programme.
If there are any questions related to the application or general requirements at UEF, please contact the local Transfor-M advisor at UEF.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org