The program provides a holistic view on network and cloud computing combining it with innovation and entrepreneurship.
About the studies
The program on Cloud & Network Infrastructures (CNI) within the EIT Digital Master School is a unique offering that provides a holistic view on network and cloud computing combining it with a minor on innovation and entrepreneurship. Students will be equipped with profound knowledge on network management, operation, and design on the one hand, and cloud service and deployment models, implementation strategies, and application design on the other. The program also focuses on future directions of cloud computing, for example, in the fields of edge and fog computing as well as blockchains and distributed ledger applications respectively.
Graduates of the program
- have insights in legal and societal aspects of cloud computing, services and related applications as well as of networks, including their architectures, infrastructures, and their operation, and they can identify the short-term and long-term consequences of cloud and network deployment and can transform these insights into solutions for the society’s and environment’s benefits and sustainability (Making Value Judgements),
- have business skills to understand and execute a business development process, including ideation and business model generation (Entrepreneurship),
- are able to use knowledge and skills in the area of cloud computing and network infrastructures to identify business opportunities and to turn them into operation (Innovation),
- can apply cutting-edge technology and research in cloud and network infrastructures to generate new knowledge, solutions and insights in this field (Research),
- are able to understand and analyse requirements of innovative applications and limitations of existing systems to derive research problems and challenges (Intellectual Transformation), and
- are able to communicate technical issues to professionals and non-professionals, can work in multidisciplinary and multinational teams and take over responsibilities (Leadership).
Graduates qualify for jobs in international and local organizations in both technical and business roles. Typical job titles are:
- Network designers
- Network planners
- ICT managers
- Cloud CTO
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Lead software Developer
- Cloud Service Broker
- Cloud Alliance Manager
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Business developer
- Product manager
Through their multidisciplinary attitude, graduates are valuable in open innovation settings where different aspects (market, users, social aspects, media technologies) come together. They can easily find jobs within companies that provide value-added products and services, such as telecom companies, ecommerce providers, e-learning, web developers, and cloud operators. An alternative path would be to start your own company to provide product or technology development, media content, business development or consultancy services. Graduates will be able to
- manage and contribute to (open) innovation and intrapreneurship projects and
- evolve later towards managerial positions, as they are experts having a global understanding of complex ICT systems and services, including their impact on businesses
Also, they can start their own company to provide products and services, whether they relate to cloud computing infrastructures or to application domains based on them. They can also offer business development and consultancy services.
Students also qualify for a research and academic career through a follow-up doctoral project.
Content of the studies
The programme is a double degree programme, which means that you will study at two European universities and in two different countries. The programme has an integrated technical content (Technical major) and business content (Innovation & Entrepreneurship – I&E minor). The I&E minor is shared between all programmes. An integral part of the second year is a Master’s thesis (30 ECTS).
The double-degree programme is implemented jointly by leading European universities. The students can select their favorite first (entry) and second (exit) year universities. Each university has a unique specialisation area, which allows students to select their own second year area of expertise.
Structure of the studies
Please note that both ENTRY and EXIT universities might be subject to changes. Kindly check before applying.
During the first year, a similar set of courses are offered at the six involved entry points Aalto University, Technical University of Berlin (TUB), Germany, University Rennes 1, France, University of Trento, Italy, Sorbonne University, France, and Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden. This includes internet protocols and algorithms and cloud computing. Elective and other mandatory courses deliver local knowledge at a university that is complementary to the common base. An important part of the programme are also the Innovation and & Entrepreneurship (I&E) courses.
During the second year of studies, the student chooses a spesialisation option offered in one of the six exit point universities: Aalto University, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden, Sorbonne University, France, Technical University of Berlin (TUB), Germany, University Rennes 1, France, or University of Trento, Italy. The specialisation option offered at Aalto University is Mobile Networking and Cloud Services.
- The courses cover the theoretical and practical aspects of designing and analyzing mobile networks and cloud services.
A few of the specialisation courses offered are:
- Internet Traffic Measurements and Analysis
- Routing and SDN
- Web Software Development
- Big Data Platforms
See the Cloud and Network Infrastructures curriculum at Aalto University on the student portal Into. Please note that there may be some changes to the curriculum for 2020-2022. The new curriculum will be published in April-May 2020.
Admission to the EIT Digital Master School majors
The ICT Innovation programme has separate application periods and admission procedures from the rest of the Master’s programmes offered by Aalto University. Further information on the admission is available on the EIT Digital Master School website for prospective students (masterschool.eitdigital.eu).
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com