Why choose this programme?
Would you like to work with cyber security, ethical hacking, incident response, encryption or IT risk management? Do you want to understand the principles and technologies of Internet and system security? With a master’s degree in information security you will know what it takes to build secure IT systems, how security technologies work, and managing information security in organizations.
Content of the study
Cyber security is defined at the highest national political level as a priority area for strengthening the security of our national ICT-infrastructure. With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have a legal requirement that IT systems should be built and managed in accordance with the principles of embedded privacy and information security. To meet this requirement, it is necessary for all IT-professionals and IT-experts to be aware of information security and to have an understanding of basic information security principles, just as building architects must have the necessary knowledge and skills to design buildings with adequate fire safety.
This master’s degree makes you an expert in IT security. You will gain the competence to plan and design security systems as an integral part of the entire design process, from programming, testing and in operation. You will learn to manage information security work in companies and organizations, and deal with legal requirements as well as social and ethical challenges.
This programme provides you with a solid theoretical foundation as well as practical knowledge. You learn methods and techniques for safe operation and maintenance of computer systems as well as prevention of cyber attacks.
You can choose between four different specializations:
- Secure Systems Development
- Cyber and Network Security
- Information Security Management
Through the specialization, you can further refine your expertise, whether it is in Blockchain technology, design of security systems or advanced cryptology. Regardless of which specialization you choose, you will be able to put together a theoretical syllabus and choose the topic of your master’s thesis based on your own professional interests.
Through the work of writing a master’s thesis, you will also learn to work independently and to organize and plan your own work within specific deadlines. You will learn to write and work with scientific material and collaborate with others on research questions and academic issues in the field of computer science. You will be able to convey your own work and to acquire and relate to the feedback you receive.
Through this master’s programme you gain expertise that is in high demand in today’s job market. Read more about further studies and career opportunities.
Before the classes start in August, we welcome you to three days of compulsory teaching and various social events. Take the opportunity to become better acquainted with fellow students academically and socially, get more information about your study programme, topics, research and how to choose your master’s thesis.
You can also choose to join one of the 200 student societies at the university.
With a master’s degree in Informatics: information security, you gain specialized expertise in data security. You can reflect on central ethical and scientific issues in relation to your own and others’ work. You have developed a professional curiosity and have an understanding and respect for scientific and professional values such as openness, precision and the importance of distinguishing between knowledge and opinions.
You have thorough knowledge of methods and techniques throughout the subject area:
- knowledge of theory, methods and techniques in information security
- knowledge of scientific methods for planning and conducting research projects
- knowledge of legal requirements as well as social and ethical challenges
You have advanced knowledge in one or more areas of information security:
- knowledge of cryptography and network security
- knowledge of security management and incident response
- knowledge of security in software and operating systems
- knowledge of data security and secure system development
- knowledge of privacy and data protection
You have special insight and expertise in a chosen specialization in information security
You can analyze system security:
- collect, understand and analyze descriptions of IT systems and set requirements for their security
- investigate security incidents
- test and evaluate security in systems and networks
You can develop secure systems:
- use methods for planning and designing secure systems
- apply techniques and tools for secure system deployment and operation
- perform continuous testing, assessment and updating of system security
You can expand and apply your knowledge in new areas:
- have a basis for updating the knowledge according to developments in your field
- teach and provide information on information security
You can work independently and in teams:
- plan, execute and complete security work and projects independently and in teams
- communicate and discuss professional information security issues with other experts
- collaborate within and outside your own organization, and be able to lead security projects
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com