- High-quality education, internationally accepted diploma
- State-of-the-art learning and research environment
- Easy living in a safe but international environment
- Generous tuition fee waivers and living cost allowances available
- Possibilities for exchange studies and internships at companies
- Good employment perspectives
- The prerequisite is BSc level education with a background in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or in a closely related field.
- The language of instruction is English.
- IMPIT programme is offered at the University of Eastern Finland (Joensuu campus).
We co-operate actively with local IT companies and local business incubator, and have had student projects for an example with Olympus and Pelican Imaging. Some of these companies offer internships and thesis placements and many of our students find a job even before the graduation. Representatives of companies visit our IMPIT seminar every year giving students an excellent possibility to pitch themselves to the companies.
We offer a highly multicultural learning and research environment with lots of exchange possibilities during the second year. Our research groups have good connections to companies and research institutions and early integration to our research groups is a huge benefit for your future career. Examples of occupational titles of IMPIT graduates are for an example Senior Software Engineer, Quality Assurance Manager, Senior Specialist, Senior Software Consultant, Business Analyst and, Senior Designer, Chief Technical Officer and IT developer.
You can also have lots of interesting experiences through the social activities during your IMPIT studies. There are summer schools, visits to companies, and annual trips (to Lapland, Stockholm, St. Petersburg..) and various other events organized by student union and erasmus student network.
“Besides the study plan which is a very serious and students tend to study a lot, get good grades , and plan for the future research, internships, or projects, there are a ton of activities that students are doing during each semester. Every year there are large events that attract a huge portion of people to come to Joensuu. For example, Ilosaarirock, Joensuu Music Winter, Festival of Visual Culture Viscult, and Gospel festivals. There are excellent opportunities for sport in Joensuu. For instance volleyball, basketball, football, swimming, fishing, horse riding, gyms, skiing and skating, bowling, tennis, squash, badminton, indoor climbing, table tennis, minigolf, billiards and so on.”
Shahram Eivazi, IMPIT graduate.
Impit curriculum allows students to graduate in two years. Students have to collect about 60 credits from direct teaching at the School of Computing during their first IMPIT year.
The second year of the programme is dedicated mostly to Master’s project (10-20 ECTS) and thesis (30 ECTS). Students can also take some exchange studies and find trainee positions in IT companies or departments’ research groups.
- Provide high quality education in an international environment
- Provide more IT experts to Finnish companies
- Establish and upkeep international network with educational, research and business partners throug smooth knowledge and know-how transfer.
Our graduates have also excellent opportunities to continue postgraduate studies in one of our research groups.
Intelligent media computing
- Computational Intelligence
- Computational Spectral Imaging
- Computational Speech Group
- Machine Learning
Technologies for learning and development
Our admission process aims at fair selection of high-quality applicants. Anybody satisfying the admission requirements is eligible to apply.
EACH APPLICANT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
|1.||B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or equivalent degree in closely related field corresponding at least three years of full-time higher education academic studies.
* The degree should include enough studies in computer science completed at excellent levels. The basic prerequisites are: programming skills and knowledge about the theoretical foundations of computer science, data structures and algorithms, databases, and data management. Applicants lacking background in one or more of the mentioned skills can be selected as students only in exceptional cases.
** Conditional acceptance is possible if the applicant will finish the B.Sc. degree by August 7, 2020. Provisional B.Sc certificate is accepted if issuing of the final B.Sc certificate is delayed due to administrational reasons. Please remember to check the required documents carefully before applying.
|2.||English language proficiency proved by a generally recognized test or by previous degree conducted in English language
TOEFL iBT: 92, IELTS overall 6.5, PTE: 62, C1 Advanced: 180, C2 Proficiency: 180.
Revised TOEFL Paper delivered test: minimum score of 20 in reading, and minimum score of 20 in listening, and minimum score of 22 in writing.
TOEFL, IELTS and PTE certificates are valid for two years from the day they are issued and they have to be valid during the application period. Please, check the more detailed info about language requirements.
The English test is not required in the following cases
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com