Translational medicine strives towards bridging the gap from the research bench to the patient’s bedside by the development of novel diagnostics and treatments. This is the core of the Erasmus+ International Master’s Programme in Innovative Medicine (IMIM), a two-year programme aiming to provide knowledge, skills and competences for future careers in interdisciplinary and internationally competitive academic research or in the private sector.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
IMIM is a two-year international Master’s programme focusing on translational medical research, modern molecular techniques, innovation and entrepreneurship. The programme is a European collaboration between the University of Groningen in the Netherlands, Heidelberg University in Germany, and Uppsala University in Sweden. A number of international Life Sciences companies are associated with the programme as well as other universities in Brazil, Chile, Columbia and Mexico.
Depending on a student’s prior knowledge, the first year’s studies are located in either Heidelberg, Groningen or Uppsala. In the second year, students must change university to either Groningen or Uppsala.
The IMIM programme trains you for research in both academia and industry, for example through a multidisciplinary group project – “Bench to Bedside and Back” (BBB), focused on translational medicine and the innovation process with business and entrepreneurship. The IMIM programme has received EIT Health’s quality label.
You apply for the IMIM programme directly through the programme office in Groningen and not through Uppsala University or www.universityadmissions.se. More information is available at the IMIM programme’s international website.
- You want to gain skills and competences in translational medicine to work in international and interdisciplinary settings as a scientist or professional in academia or industry.
- You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical sciences, genetics, molecular biology, biotechnology, medicine, dentistry, or similar with an excellent record.
- You have gained extra-curricular experiences in research and/or work in private sector and can provide strong recommendation letters from your previous education, internships or employments.
- You are curious and enjoy problem solving in creative and innovative ways.
- You have excellent English skills and enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
- You are highly motivated to pursue a career in academic research or working with innovation and entrepreneurship in industry or in your own startup company.
- You are prepared to work hard and take full responsibility for your studies.
The programme leads to a Master of Medical Science (120 credits) with Medical Science as the main field of study. With the requirements fulfilled it will also lead to a Master’s degree from one of the other participating universities.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com