About the programme
The Nordic Master in Maritime Engineering is based on the expertise of the participating universities within naval architecture, offshore engineering and maritime engineering. Participants will profit from the Nordic Five Tech universities’ long standing tradition and competence in the field and Nordic students wishing to specialize in a specific area of expertise offered within the alliance.
The Nordic Master programme in Maritime Engineering deals with ships, small craft, yachts and offshore structures. The programme focuses on principles within design, construction and operation of ship and offshore structures, and their interaction with the environment.
Study at two Nordic universities
The Master’s program in Maritime Engineering is a collaboration between five of the leading technical universities in the Nordic countries (Nordic Five Tech). The program gives you a unique opportunity to tailor your degree based on your academic interests.
You will get to study at two of the partner universities, spending one year at each. You graduate with a double master’s degree from the two universities.
The universities participating in the Nordic master in Maritime Engineering are:
In order to apply for the Nordic Master programme in Maritime Engineering (NMME), you have to fulfill a number of requirements.
Applicants must hold a BSc or BEng corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits. At Aalto, Chalmers and KTH it is possible to start with no prerequisites within naval architecture.
Applicants must hold one of the following degrees:
- A BSc degree in Naval Architecture for start at Aalto, Chalmers, DTU, KTH and NTNU,
- A BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering for start at Aalto, Chalmers and KTH
- A BEng in Mechanical Engineering for start Aalto, Chalmers and KTH.
- Applicants with a BEng in Naval Architecture, or a BSc or BEng in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, in Ocean Engineering, in Civil Engineering or in Engineering Physics will be considered on an individual basis.
The degree must not be more than 10 years old,. Applicants with an older degree may be considered under special circumstances.
The applicant’s qualifications must include a strong working knowledge of mathematics and mechanics and applicants must document that they have fulfilled the following minimum requirements (a qualification checklist for this documentation must be attached to your application; it is part of the Application Summary and Motivation Statement form and can be found here):
- Mathematics: 25 ECTS including linear algebra, calculus and differential equations.
- Statistics and probability theory: 5 ECTS. Students without this qualification must be prepared to complete their curriculum during the first year.
- Statics, mechanical vibrations, and strength of materials: 10-15 ECTS
- Fluid mechanics: min. 5 ECTS
- Sufficient qualifications within numerical methods and elementary programming using e.g. MATLAB or a similar programming language.
Applicants with a Polytechnic (FI), Högskoleingeniör (SE) and Diplomingeniør (DK) degree may be expected to do extra course work to qualify for the programme.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org