Do you have a bachelor degree from nautical science, mechanical engineering or another relevant maritime bachelor degree? With this master programme you acquire advanced knowledge and competence within different aspects of maritime operations, with a special focus on offshore operations.
This master programme is designed for students who are working, where the lectures are given in several intensive lecture sessions. To complete the study program it is expected that you are able to independently structure your studies. All lectures are taught in English.
The programme is a joint master between Western Norway University of Applied Sciences and University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Emden/Leer in Germany.
The programme combines the nautical domain, with its focus on operational and organizational aspects, with the engineering domain, which focuses on the technical aspects, as well as managerial aspects related to the operational perspective. The purpose of such a combination is to cover maritime operations in depth and make you able to contribute to improving and developing such operations, and which will enable you to be a valued asset for the maritime industry both off- and onshore.
You will learn about different aspects related to maritime operations:
- The international aspect (such as regulations)
- The technical aspect (such as ship stability)
- The organizational aspect (such as the complex relationship between human and technical factors)
- The managerial aspect (such as safety and risk)
The second year you choose one of the two profiles we offer. Your Master Thesis is based on the profile you choose.
Profile 1: Offshore and Subsea Operations, campus Haugesund
You will learn about:
- Subsea- and marine systems and -operations, ship operation and maintenance strategies/methods
- How environmental conditions may affect the operation and equipment
- Different surface vessels, Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV’s), diving systems and subsea production equipment
- Methods for prediction of weather windows and risk- and reliability analysis
Simulator demonstrations and excursions to a relevant company /operation site may be executed to top the gained knowledge and experience from the lectures.
Profile 2: Sustainable Maritime Operations, campus Leer
You will learn about three different aspects of maritime operations:
- The technical aspect focuses on the forces of load and bouncy, wind, waves and hydrodynamics affecting the vessel, the design of the vessel and the operational and managerial aspects.
- The operational aspect focuses on the chain of computational maritime modelling and simulation techniques needed in maritime operations.
- The managerial aspect focuses on central themes concerning the organization and leadership of projects, as well as methods and techniques for analysis and management.
- You may work in the technical or managerial department in shipping companies, with responsibility to plan and execute maritime operations, or as a deck officer with responsibility for executing such operations offshore.
- You may also work as a consultant with an understanding of operations and environmental systems, as well as being an economical and technical advisory capacity for maritime structures.
- You can undertake project management tasks in companies within the maritime sector, and innovation and development tasks within the academic core competencies of the programme; Offshore/Subsea operations, environmental system analysis, in regards to maritime technology, organisation and finance.
The general admission requirement is relevant bachelor’s degree with 80 credits specialization in technical and/or nautical courses, or equivalent professional education. You must fulfil one of the following specific requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, relevant courses, 180 credits or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in Nautical Science, relevant courses, 180 credits or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in Maritime Studies, relevant courses, 180 credits or equivalent
You must upload the following documents in Søknadsweb within the deadlines:
- Certificates and Diplomas from previous studies at a recognized higher education institution, or provide documentation indicating that you will earn your first degree (not less than 3 years of full time studies) from such an institution by the time of enrolling in the Programme.
- Transcript of completed courses and grades for each semester (including course-list)
- Proof of English language skills (B2 CEF or equivalent)
- Statement of Purpose/motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the passport ID page
- Additional information you judge as relevant
All documents, except for copies of the passport ID page and diploma/degree certificate must be submitted in English. All copies should be certified by the respective institutions, i.e. lawyers, Ministries, etc.
The Selection Committee will select the students on the basis of their relevant academic results (bachelor or equivalent). If two or more candidates are of similar ranking, the statement of Purpose/Motivation Letter will be taken into consideration upon selecting the candidates.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com