The Marketing specialisation offers in-depth study in the field, preparing you for a central role in creating, capturing, communicating and sustaining value – whether you work for a company or organisation, become an entrepreneur or continue your academic career. In this specialisation, practical experience and cutting-edge research come together and contributes to a deeper knowledge of the context that conditions the management and planning of marketing and prepare you for meeting the growing demand of the global job market.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
This specialisation is designed to provide you with the analytical and critical thinking skills you’ll need to overcome challenges in consumer and industrial markets – and to understand marketing from a service perspective. You’ll learn to present your results and conclusions in a convincing manner, you’ll build a foundation in classical theory as well as current research in the field – and you’ll have extensive opportunities to put that theory into practice. Benefits include:
- A curriculum that offers both a solid theoretical basis and practical experience, combining hands-on assignments and case studies with Uppsala University’s strong tradition of cutting-edge research
- Our comprehensive and varied instructional approach, including student-led discussions and close relationships with faculty members who are experts in the field
- An optional internship or the opportunity to study abroad at one of our partner universities
The specialisation is run by the Department of Business Studies, home to researchers who lead their fields in the areas of corporate entrepreneurship, industrial marketing, institutional analysis, international business and more. You’ll also benefit from Sweden’s stellar reputation for social responsibility – values that inform all of our Master’s programmes.
The student body of this programme currently looks like this:
- Even distribution of female and male participants
- Diverse academic, cultural, and professional backgrounds
- Interested in issues related to companies and organisations in a global context
- Applicants from 85 different countries in 2017
The programme leads to a Master of Science in Business and Economics (120 credits) with Business Studies as the main field of study. If you choose to finish your studies after one year with a 15 credit thesis you will receive a Master of Science in Business and Economics (60 credits) with Business Studies as the main field of study.
ALL SPECIALISATIONS OF THIS PROGRAMME
A Bachelor’s degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
Also required is 90 credits in business studies.
All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden (“English 6”). This can be done in a number of ways, including through an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS, or through previous upper secondary (high school) or university studies.
The minimum test scores are:
- IELTS: an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5
- TOEFL: Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1–6) in written test and a total score of 575. Internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0–30) in written test and a total score of 90
- Cambridge: CAE, CPE
Selection: Students are selected based on:
- GMAT test result
- Higher education credits (maximum 285 credits)
Students with a GMAT test result have priority.
Tuition fee-paying students and non-paying students are admitted on the same grounds but in different selection groups.
If you are not a citizen of a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland, you are required to pay application and tuition fees. Fees cover application and tuition only and do not cover accommodation, academic literature or the general cost of living. Read more about fees.
Application Fee: SEK 900
Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50000
Tuition fee, total: SEK 200000
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com