Why choose this programme?
In this programme you have the opportunity to specialise in machine learning, interaction design, cyber-physical systems or information systems.
The program is available full-time and part-time (respectively 2 and 4 years). This is the part-time programme. Go to the full-time programme for more information about how to take this study programme over 2 years .
Half of the program consists of lectures and project based work, and the other half entails independent work on a thesis paper. In your master thesis you will specialize on a topic and work on an exciting project together with our researchers and collaborators.
In the beginning of the program, the emphasis is placed on scientific theory, methods and critical thinking. In addition, you will learn how to design technical solutions for people with different needs.
Furthermore, you can choose among the following elective courses:
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Topics in Information Systems
- Modeling of Cyber-Physical Systems
You also have the opportunity to participate in the department´s research projects, as well as to carry out business projects with relevant IT companies.
Learning outcomes (2019–2023)
Master in Applied Computer Science.
The candidate has
- deep knowledge about research and development within the field of applied computer science;
- advanced knowledge about literature and methods used within the field of applied computer science.
The candidate is able to
- work independently with a problem statement over a long period of time;
- analyze a situation, formulate a problem statement, and develop a plan for solving the problem;
- create models and implement them in a digital environment;
- make realistic and feasible plans by taking into account possibilities, limitations and use of time;
- collect and analyse relevant information as well as having a critical attitude towards sources used;
- present research and results clearly and unambiguous within the field of applied computer science;
- formulate his/her own and other people’s reflections and solutions within the field of applied computer science.
- has retained and further developed his/her academic curiosity, knowledge, openness and precision as well as the ability to distinguish between knowledge and opinions;
- is capable of critical reflection on ethical, scientific and philosophical issues within the field of applied computer science;
- has gained knowledge of scientific literature, methods and theories within the field of applied computer science;
- can communicate knowledge clearly in writing as well as orally.
An online application and all required documents must be submitted using HiØ’s application portal.
Admission is once a year and the semester starts in August.
When to apply:
1st of February – 1st of March:
- Applicants residing in the EU/EEA
- Applicants residing in Norway/the Nordic region
Requirements for admission
A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent education of at least 180 ECTS credits,
and in addition or included at least 80 ECTS credits in informatics,
and in addition or included at least 20 ECTS credits in programming
To be admitted, the applicant must have an average grade from the qualifying education of at least C.
English language requirement :
a) Passed the subject English at a Norwegian upper secondary school (140 hours) and been awarded an average grade of 3 or better, or
b) International English Language Test Service (IELTS), with a minimum overall band score of 6.0 (academic test), or
c) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) with a minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based), or
d) Pearson PTE Academic test, with a minimum overall score of 58, or
e) Cambridge ESOL Examinations, First Certificate in English with a grade of B or better, certificate in Advanced English or Certificate of Proficiency in English, or
f) Completed university degree in the subject English language or literature, or
g) Completed bachelor’s degree taught in English from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK or the USA, or
h) Other approved documentation of English language tests may be subject to an individual and discretionary assessment.
Applicants from countries outside the EU/EEA must submit proof of funding when submitting their application.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com