Why choose this programme?
Do you wish to require knowledge and analytical skills in order to analyse the many different aspects of conflicts in the world today? Do you want to work with conflict prevention, policy-making, or go into the field of research on peace and conflicts? Then the Master’s Programme in Peace and Conflict Studies might be something for you.
About the Master’s Programme in Peace and Conflict Studies
Peace and conflict studies aim at answering a wide range of questions about the causes of conflicts and the conditions for peace. How has warfare changed over time? How does the distribution of power among states affect the likelihood of inter-state war? Are democratic states more peaceful than authoritarian states?
Why choose peace and conflict studies?
- It is a programme, which is an advantage because it provides you with skills and knowledge to study and analyse the multifaceted nature of peace and conflict.
- The programme has a strong focus on methods and analysis, and you will acquire theoretical and methodological tools that enable you to analyse the many complex aspects of peace and conflict.
- You will be given lectures and guidance from top researchers in the field of peace and conflict research.
- We cooperate with other important research institutions, such as PRIO, IFS, NUPI, Fafo
- You can do an internship as part of your degree.
- You can do field work related to you master’s thesis.
- The small number of students allows for more attention to each and a close knit, collaborative environment.
- You will be part of a small class and an intimate study environment.
- Your fellow students are highly skilled and motivated students from around the world.
- You have a student council that constantly works for a social and good learning environment.
The master’s programme in Peace and Conflict will make you highly attractive in both public and private sector. You can apply for jobs within sectors and institutions like:
- Government agencies, such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- International organisations, such as the UN and NATO.
- NGOs and aid organisations
- Research institutions
- The programme qualifies for the PhD programme at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Conflict between groups and states is a recurrent worldwide phenomenon. Why do some of these conflicts turn violent, while others remain non-violent? The Master’s Programme in Peace and Conflict Studies aims at answering this and a wide range of other questions about the causes of conflicts and the conditions for peace. Peace and Conflict Studies is a political science program that enables you to analyze the multifaceted nature of peace and conflict, past and present.
- You have detailed empirical knowledge of the history of war and peace in the 20th and 21st century and you understand its implications for war and peace in the present and the future
- You have in-depth knowledge of key theories of causes of conflict and conditions for peace and can assess their explanatory powers
- You have a solid understanding of basic issues pertaining to the purpose and practice of political science
- You have deep knowledge of advanced methodological tools within your discipline and can assess their relevance for analyzing a specific research question
- You can acquire new information and knowledge in a rational, systematic, and critical manner
- You can integrate knowledge from different sources and disciplines and use your knowledge in new issue areas
- You can formulate precise research questions and develop an appropriate analytical design using, qualitative and/or quantitative methodological approaches
- You can work independently and you have good oral and written formulation skills
- You can report research findings in accordance with requirements of scientific accountability and honesty
- You can conduct small and large research and assess projects in an independent and focused manner
- You practice scientific values such as openness, rationality, precision, and transparency
- You understand and can deal with ethical questions that may arise in the practice of research and in the use of research results
- You can make an independent and qualified assessment of other people’s work, give constructive feedback, and receive and critically assess feedback on your own work
- You can access and navigate large amounts of information and assess its scientific value and relevance for a specific task
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com