You can choose to take the audition at several levels at the Academy:
The entrance examination consists of the following elements:
PRINCIPAL STUDY (DURATION: 45 MINUTES INCL. ASSESSMENT AND SET-UP OF INSTRUMENTS)
A list of repertoire for the entrance examination must be enclosed with the application form. The audition in the principal study consists of these three tests:
1st test: Set/self-chosen tasks, etudes, scales
- All scales and triads (major and minor) spanning two octaves played on a keyboard instrument (xylophone, vibraphone or marimba)
- Piece chosen by the applicant for snare drum, e.g. Børge Ritz: Dansk Tapto (unpublished), Gert Mortensen: March Cadenza (Southern Percussion), Einar Nielsen: Etude Classique (unpublished) (excerpts from all three may be played)
- Piece chosen by the applicant for timpani, e.g. movements from Robert Muczynski: Three Designs for Three Timpany or a piece chosen by the applicant for multipercussion
- Piece chosen by the applicant for keyboard instrument, e.g. Paul Creston: Concertino for Marimba, 1st movement (G. Schirmer), Mitchell Peters: Yellow after the Rain (Mitchell Peters), or Povl Smadbeck: Rhythm Song (Mallets Arts)
2nd test: Set task
A proposed task which is e-mailed to the applicant 7 days before the entrance examination takes place.
3rd test: Sight reading
Sight reading on snare drum and keyboard instrument.
Three separate marks are awarded according to the 7-point grading scale. One for each of the above-mentioned tests. The test will be passed succesfully, only if the applicant has achieved a minimum mark of 02 in all of the three tests. If the applicant passes the principal study audition, he or she then takes further examinations in supporting subjects. These examinations are identical for all Bachelor programmes.
The entrance examination consists of a audition in the principal study.
The applicant must perform:
- Snare drum: Masson: “Prim” or “Kim”
- Marimba: A work by either Maslanka or Kaiko Abe or other works of simmilar degree of difficulty for multi percussion, timpani, vibrafone, xylophone, marimba or snare drum
Duration of the entrance examination max. 20 minutes (30 minutes including assessment).
The entrance examination is censured by two internal censors and a grade is awarded according to the 7-point grading scale.
FORM, CONTENT AND ASSESSMENT OF THE EXAMINATION
The entrance examination consists of a principal study audition, which is taken in two rounds.
In the first round, you will be asked to perform a programme of 20 minutes’ duration. An admissions committee will award the performance the grade of “pass/fail”.
If you pass the first round, you will continue to the second round, which will be held as quickly as possible after the first round. The two rounds may be held on different days.
In the second round, you will be asked to perform a programme of 30 minutes’ duration. The performance will be assessed according to the 7-point scale by the admissions committee.
REPERTOIRE FOR THE EXAMINATION
The applicant chooses the repertoire, always subject, however, to the following rules:
- Playing the same work at both rounds is not allowed.
- The programme must a.o. include the following:
- A major solo work for keyboard instrument, a major solo work for multi percussion, and a major chamber music work OR
- Solo works for keyboard instrument, and a major chamber music work of which multi percussion forms part OR
- Solo works for multi percussion, and a major chamber music work of which keyboard instruments form part
Applicants who have not previously been students at the Royal Danish Academy of Music may for practical reasons be granted an exemption from performing chamber music in case the applicant chooses possibility 1.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org