Product Management, Master’s Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management, Master of Science (Technology) (2 y)
- The only master’s programme in Nordic Countries focusing on Product Management
- Multi-disciplinary degree that combines technical knowledge, economic methods, and understanding of human behavior
- Close collaboration with the industry and business
Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) combines technical knowledge, economic methods and the understanding of human behavior. In the degree programme the students will learn to explore phenomena and to solve problems from these three aforementioned perspectives. Product Management major focuses on the development and management of products and services throughout their life-cycles. Product management major is designed to provide the student with the ability to
- analyse, design, and develop different technologies, products, and services
- manage technologies, product life-cycle and product development processes
- understand product management and product portfolio management’s principles, goals, processes, information systems
- master the phases of productisation including requirement management, design, delivery, maintenance, and removal
Product management major in the Master’s Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management can be complemented with the courses related to production management, organisation and knowledge management, project management, and engineering studies.
The degree programme involves close collaboration with industry and business, meaning that lectures include practical cases that improve the learning experience. Guests from various organisations are often invited to speak in the lectures. Assignments are typically connected to practical industrial problems and challenges, allowing students to gain industry experience as they start building networks within the business world. The language of instruction in the degree programme is English and many exchange and international degree programme students participate in the courses. In addition, exchange studies abroad are recommended for the students. A lot of cooperation exist with other universities in Europe, Asia and North America.
Graduates typically work in technical economic development and management positions in companies or other organisations. The graduates will have expertise in new product development, rapid development and productisation. They will be competent in different areas of product management such as strategic fit, value maximisation and balancing the product portfolio, and they can use their knowledge when solving challenging problems in various, especially technology-intensive, industries.
Possible titles include:
- product manager
- product data manager
- product development engineer
- product portfolio manager
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com