Renewable Energy at KTH
Combining traditional teaching with practical, challenge-led projects, and hands-on engagement with established businesses and exciting young start-ups, the joint master’s programme in Renewable Energy gives you the skills and experience to design, develop and deliver the next generation of renewable energy solutions.
Throughout the programme you will have unrivalled opportunities to engage directly with major industrial players and research institutes through a series of activities throughout the programme. Major enterprises such as Total, EdF, Energias de Portugal (EDP), and Iberdrola are all actively involved in the programme, as are smaller companies and start-ups like CorPower Ocean, EOLOS, Principle Power Inc, and Tecnoturbines.
The joint master’s programme in Renewable Energy is an international programme for an international industry. You will join students from all over the world for two years at two different universities and two of Europe’s leading business schools. After successfully completing the programme and your thesis, you will receive a master’s degree from two of the following institutes in the form of a double diploma:
- Master of Energy Engineering and Management, from IST: Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Master of Science, from KTH: Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Graduate Degree Programme in Energy Environment: Science Technology and Management (STEEM), from École Polytechnique, Université Paris-Saclay, France
- Master of Energy Engineering, from UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, Spain
Business and entrepreneurship
During the first year, you will attend courses in entrepreneurship, innovation, and management at two of the programme consortia business schools:
- Entrepreneur in a week course at Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics, Portugal
- Winter School for one week at ESADE Business School, Spain
- Summer School for four weeks at ESADE Business School, Spain
Engineering and Business Case© projects
A core part of the MSc RENE programme, the engineering and business case projects are the principle method for real-life interaction between students and companies in the renewable energy sector.
Based on problem-oriented, project-based learning and the case method of teaching, the engineering and business case projects give you three opportunities to immerse yourself in a realistic business situation. During each of these engineering and business cases, you will meet experts from industry, and become involved in real-world innovation and business challenges.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be equipped with the following skills and experience, enabling you to launch your career in a wide range of businesses or research institutes in the renewable energy sector:
- Broad knowledge and understanding about sustainable energy systems, energy sources and their use.
- Ability to judge technical, economic, social, and environmental impacts of various energy processes.
- Broad knowledge of individual renewable energy technologies plus energy management, planning, economy and markets.
- The ability to analyse, formulate and manage technical problems from a system perspective and to take a view of the complete system lifecycle from concept to decommissioning.
- The necessary scope, resource use and management processes for problem solving around energy conversion, transportation, storage and utilisation processes.
- Interpersonal skills, including leadership, project management, team working, business management, and communication.
- The ability to think beyond boundaries and to explore and generate new ideas, transform practical experiences into research challenges, and create new or significantly improved products, services, processes, and businesses.
- An understanding of cutting-edge research and innovation methods, business management, and business creation.
The programme is accredited by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
To qualify for the Master’s in Renewable Energy programme, you need:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree worth 180 ECTS credits or equivalent in engineering (in topics like mechanics, chemistry, electricity, electronics or energy) or in engineering physics, which refers to the study of the combined disciplines of physics and mathematics, together with studies in engineering disciplines.
- Applicants holding a bachelor degree in electricity and / or electronics must also demonstrate good foundation in material science and in thermal science (the combined study of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics).
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering must also demonstrate a good foundation in circuit theory, electrical machines and electronic fundamentals.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in another topic that covers the fundamentals of mathematics, physics, chemistry, material sciences, thermal sciences and electrical engineering, will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the MSc RENE Steering Committee.
- In all cases, knowledge in the principles of economic sciences (macro and microeconomics) and in engineering projects are appreciated.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com