Become a risk and safety expert
During the study programme in Risk and Safety Management, you obtain knowledge about basic probability theory as well as the collection of data within risk analysis and relevant social conditions. Furthermore, you will be introduced to the theoretical methods and strategies that are used in risk perception and communication.
During your studies, you will learn how to apply risk analysis and simulations to identify the crisis situations and risks that can occur when a project is carried out in a company. You will learn to work out plans to handle projects and to gain insight into implementation methods, ways to carry out routine tests and reporting.
As an expert in risk and safety management, you could help companies to prevent and manage different risk scenarios such as
- the collapse of a building or a bridge
- an oil leak
- fire on a drilling rig
- a chemical accident in the pharmaceutical production
- accident during discharging and installation of parts for wind turbine generators in wind parks
In your semester projects, you and your project group will work with relevant issues within the field of risk and safety management, that challenge you to use all of your knowledge to come up with possible solutions. You are encouraged to occasionally collaborate with external organisations and businesses in your projects to get an idea of the work processes and current issues in the industry. This will prepare you better for your own work life after you graduate.
APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
Admission to the Master of Science and Technology in Risk and Safety Management presupposes one of the following:
- BSc degree in Chemistry
- BSc in Structural and Civil Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Public Health Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics
- Bachelor of Architechtural Technology and Construction Management
- Bachelor of Technology Management and Marine Engineering
All applicants are evaluated individually. Students with another Bachelor’s degree may be admitted following an academic assessment if the applicant is considered to have comparable educational prerequisites.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com