SECCLO is an Erasmus Mundus double degree programme in the field of Security and Cloud Computing.
The programme offers both practical engineering knowledge and theoretical insights into:
- secure systems engineering
- distributed application development
- network and service architectures
- cloud and mobile platforms
Practical engineering skills are combined with a strongly research-based curriculum. The programme aims to attract special talent and educate game-changing, highly professional engineers to meet both the immediate hiring requirements and the long-term needs of the European ICT industry.
SECCLO has a focus on innovation and research and development. It differs from most information security programmes in that it links security studies with product and service development skills. The ability to innovate and develop new products and services is what has the most potential for creating new business growth.
Study at two European universities
During the two-year programme, students will get a unique experience of studying in two different countries while gaining a broad understanding of the latest and future technologies for secure cloud and mobile computing systems.
The programme builds on the success of its predecessor, NordSecMob, which had student intakes 2006-2016.
SECCLO is jointly offered by six European universities:
- Aalto University, Finland
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- University of Tartu, Estonia
- EURECOM, France
The double degree from two universities means wider opportunities for employment. It also means freedom to choose from several second-year specialisation options that one university could not offer alone.
The first year is spent at Aalto University in Finland, the second year is spent at the university that offers the student’s chosen specialisation.
Requirements concerning previous university and degree
Successful applicants should hold a Bachelor degree from a university fulfilling the following requirements:
- The university must be an official and recognized part of the national education system.
- The university has to be found on an official national list or in an international handbook that is completed by some international organization, e.g. UNESCO.
Applicants are eligible to apply if they have completed a 3–4 year Bachelor’s degree from a university or a polytechnic degree (e.g. university of applied sciences) or equivalent studies. The degree must entitle the graduate to apply for university-level Master’s degree studies in the country in question.
Applicants in their final year of study are eligible to apply provided they will graduate by 31 July 2019.
Student selection criteria
Selection criteria to the SECCLO programme is a high quality Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent studies encompassing a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in Engineering (Computer Science or Information Technology) i.e. a degree consisting of at least three years of full-time studies.
Required background consists of sufficient studies in:
- mathematics (linear algebra, calculus, probability theory, statistics, and discrete mathematics)
- good programming skills
- algorithms and data structures
- theory of computing
- computer networks
- software engineering
Knowledge of the following areas is considered an advantage:
- additional knowledge of mathematical methods
- mobile applications
- web software and online services
- operating systems
- distributed computing
- embedded systems
- advanced computer networking
- information security and cryptography
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org