The MSc in Security Risk Management provides students with a solid theoretical and empirical knowledge about security policy, risk analysis and management in a global and changeable world.
The purpose of the programme is to train graduates to identify opportunities for change in the complex and risky environments in which they operate, and to put these reflections into action. The programme offers an innovative combination of research-based and active teaching, in close interaction with practitioners and real-life work situations. You can read more under Profile and Career.
Admission to a master’s degree programme in Security Risk Management requires at minimum successful completion of a qualifying and recognised university degree equivalent in level and content to a Danish bachelor’s degree.
If you have completed a bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s degree programme you are eligible to apply for the master’s degree programme in Security Risk Management.
You are required to document proficiency in English according to your background; see the language requirements.
Solely the applicant’s bachelor degree will be considered when the applicant’s academic qualifications is assessed. This means that it is not possible to complete supplementary courses in order to meet the specific admission requirements.
The only exception to this is activities that have been passed before the bachelor degree was finished. These courses can either be a part of a previous education or taken as single courses. But no more than 30 ECTS credits like this can be taken into account in the assessment.
Please contact the Student Advisory Service, if you are in doubt about the rules or have questions about your entry qualifications.
Bachelor’s degrees that automatically fulfill the academic requirements
If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet all academic admission requirements and have direct access to apply to the master’s degree programme in Security Risk Management.
- BSc in Political Science from the University of Copenhagen
- BSc in Social Sciences with minor subject (DK: sidefag) from the University of Copenhagen
- BSc in Sociology from the University of Copenhagen
- BSc in Anthropology from the University of Copenhagen
- BSc in Political Science from Aarhus University
- BSc in Social Sciences with subsidiary subject from Aarhus University
- BSc in Anthropology from Aarhus University
- BSc in Political Science from the University of Southern Denmark.
- BSc in Social Sciences with subsidiary subject from the University of Southern Denmark.
- BSc in Sociology and Cultural Analysis from the University of Southern Denmark
- BSc in Sociology from Aalborg University
- BSc in Public Administration from Aalborg University
- BSc in International Business and Politics from Copenhagen Business School
- BSc in International Business from Copenhagen Business School
- BSc in Social Science with International Studies and Politics and Administration from Roskilde University
- BSc in Social Science with International Studies (one-subject) from Roskilde University
- BSc in Social Science with Politics and Administration (one-subject) from Roskilde University
Other bachelor’s degrees
In order to be admitted into the Master’s programme in Security Risk Management, applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- bachelor degree in Political Science, Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, International Studies, International Business and Politics, Peace and Conflict Studies, European Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Criminology or equivalent from a recognized university.
- The qualifying bachelor degree must contain a minimum of 15 ECTS in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods within the social sciences
- Proficiency in English corresponding to at least English B-level; cf. Section 11 of the Danish Ministerial Order on Admission at Universities (For information on how to meet the language requirements, please click here).
Degrees that do not qualify for admission
If you hold one of the following degrees please do not apply as you will not be taken into consideration:
- Marketing (fx. Marketing Management)
- Engineering (fx. Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Communication and Media studies
- Public Accountancy
- Language studies
- Public Relations
- Tourism studies
- Art studies
- Social Work
- Science degrees (biology, chemistry, technology, mathematics etc.)
As a rule of thumb a degree based solely in business studies does not qualify. However, applicants whose business based degree contains an international, sociological, organizational, political or cultural perspective might be taken into consideration depending on the total amount of ECTS/credits within social sciences.
As a rule of thumb a degree based in the humanities does not qualify. These include History, Philosophy, Literature and Cultural studies. However, applicants whose humanities based degree contains half or more of ECTS/credits within the social sciences might be taken into consideration.
Please also note that we only accept BA/BSc degrees from research based universities. This means that degrees such as Professionsbachelor/Top Up degrees from University Colleges (Metropol, Copenhagen Business Academy, Royal Danish Military Army, KEA etc.) do not qualify for admission.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org