European Masters Programme in Software Engineering (EMSE) is an Erasmus Mundus joint master programme in English, coordinated by the faculties of Computer Science of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, Germany, University of Oulu, Finland, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain.
Programme students will gain a solid knowledge to be applied as managers in software companies or IT specialist or applied researchers in academia. The programme prepares students to continue with doctoral studies in ESE as well. The typical profiles of an EMSE graduate include:
- Software Engineer whose duties include work in the areas of user and systems requirements and analysis, software design, development, and maintenance, software process management, and maintenance of information systems, also in non-IT environments;
- IT manager whose duties include the management of information systems of any level of complexity and size;
- Researcher in ESE in public and private research centres or universities whose work comprises the empirical investigation of the quality of software processes and systems of any level of complexity and size.
Upon the successful completion of the curriculum and fulfillment of the Masters course requirements, students will be awarded a double degree, one for each university they have visited.
The international dimension of the Masters Course guarantees that students familiarize with different educational methods and multi-culture. A successful student will be able to:
- Have solid knowledge of theoretical foundations in SE and their application in the several informatics domains; that is, have knowledge of techniques and methods of design, development, test, and maintenance of information systems and be able to apply them in different contexts, also not typically IT, where the software technology is anyway crucial;
- Be able to analyse and solve problems in SE of several different levels of complexity with specific focus on empirical investigation; that is, employ the scientific methods of investigation in SE; in particular understand and use mathematical instruments that support ESE and its practice;
- Have basic knowledge of public, corporate and professional cultures and societies in Europe;
- Have practice in various software applicative sectors in the socio-economic context including the non-IT specific like health, automotive, energy;
- Be able to work in large autonomy also managing projects and infrastructures over different platforms, like cloud, distributed, or mobile systems;
- Have a command of the SE technical knowledge and skills necessary to practice as software developer;
- Have a command of the SE management skills needed to organize and control software project team work;
- Be able to reconcile conflicting project objectives providing reasonable cost and time information;
- Overcome the challenges of global software development and internationalization.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 email@example.com