About the Programme
Do you want to manage companies in the sports and event sector? This programme gives you competences that enable you to become such a manager.
The MSc in Economics and Business Administration profile in Sports and Event Management gives you competences on a high academic level within organization and marketing. The focus lies on issues that are especially relevant for companies in the sports and event sector. The profile is offered at Campus Esbjerg.
The profile concerns itself with the entertainment markets, and how they interact with the sports and event sector. Other marketing issues are strategy and competition. The organizational subjects are governance in sports companies, project management and innovation management. In addition, you get methodological skills in qualitative as well as in qualitative research. Further, you can choose between electives offered especially for this programme as well as electives from other master studies offered at Campus Esbjerg.
The profile runs in eight quarters. In the courses, you will work with projects, in groups and have lectures. The group of students in the courses is normally a size allowing interaction with the professor lecturing as well as discussions among the students. This enlarges the size of the active vocabulary which you can later use in discussing issues related to these fields as a part of your job.
The courses on the profile are taught in English. You can, however, do exams including your master thesis in Danish provided the teacher is Danish speaking.
Masters of Science in Economics and Business Administration work within practically all administrative areas as for example marketing and sales management, planning, HRM and organisational planning.
Examples of job titles with Sports and Event Management
- Marketing and promotions director
- Sporting goods sales representative
- Corporate sales director
- Director of tickets sales
Entry Requirements And Application
To apply for a Master’s programme in Economics and Business Administration, you need a relevant Bachelor’s degree. You can also apply if you hold a similar Bachelor’s degree including a minimum of 75 ECTS within the field of Economics and Business Administration.
Why Study Sports and Event Management?
To apply for a Master’s programme in Economics and Business Administration, you need a relevant Bachelor’s degree. The following degrees fulfill the entry requirements:
- BSc in Economics and Business Administration from SDU – gives you a legal claim for admission
- BSc in Economics and Business Administration from another Danish university
- BSc in Economics (Business Economics line) from SDU
Furthermore, the following degrees may qualify for admission, depending on the specific courses you have followed. Read more about the requirements if you have studied:
- International Sales and Marketing
- Professional Bachelor’s in Finance
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- BA.Negot, BA. Int or Market and Management Anthropology
- Design Culture and Economics or European Studies
- Economics, Mathematics-Economics or Business Administration and Commercial Law
- Manufacturing Engineering and Management or Global Management Manufacturing
- Business Economics and IT or Value Chain Management
Hold a similar degree, e.g. from another country?
You can also apply if you hold a similar Bachelor’s degree including a minimum of 75 ECTS within the field of Economics and Business Administration, comprising at least 5 ECTS within each of the following subjects:
- Microeconomics or Managerial Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Organizational theory
- Methods for collection and analysis of data (statistics or other qualitative or quantitative methods, including mathematics or operations research/operations management. Data collection may be included to a minor extend)
- Theory of Science and Scientific Methodology and Methods – this only applies if your degree is not from a university
English language requirements
The programme is taught in English. Therefore, you are required to submit proof of your English proficiency unless your Bachelor’s gives you a legal claim for admission.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org