Get a unique opportunity to build your skills as an entrepreneur, and work in diverse teams applying technology for the benefit of people, society and the world.
The programme leads to a Master of Science (MSc) in Technology Entrepreneurship with the Danish title cand.tech.
This entrepreneurship programme is designed to drive innovation through diversity, bringing together students from varied backgrounds – from humanities to business studies, and from engineering to social science – to create solutions that make a difference.
Throughout this 2-year entrepreneurial journey, you will accelerate your learning through doing. Academic learning and hands-on training combine to support your transformation into a technology entrepreneur. You will be part of a team working together in an all-in-one campus equipped with world-class research facilities and your own team start-up lab.
You will experience a challenging yet supportive environment where you work with others to solve problems and build something new, push boundaries, get uncomfortable, realize control is just an illusion, and get back up each time you fall, until you are standing strong alongside your team, on a socially and economically viable business idea.
Regardless of your academic background, you will become more fluent and literate in transformative technologies such as AI, machine learning, IoT, and blockchain throughout the programme, and graduate with a Master of Science, Technology Entrepreneurship (cand.tech).
After graduating, you will be able to bridge market and technology to create social and sustainable impact and apply innovation processes to any organisation.
Study programme focus
The 2-year graduate programme will develop your entrepreneurial capabilities in a way that goes beyond the standard emphasis on knowledge acquisition and studying based on defined curricula. You will build competences through acting, creating, reflecting, and adapting, which will make you fit for the future.
The core structure of the programme combines real-world start-up ideas and technologies with courses on the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, ethics, personal development, and sustainability. Multidisciplinary teams are mentored throughout the programme by entrepreneurs, start-up coaches and faculty with entrepreneurial expertise and experience.
Start-up ideas and technologies may come from various sources:
- You or your start-up team
- DTU inventions or patents
- Industry or big science facilities
During this 2-year graduate programme, you will select and validate ideas, develop technical solutions, explore and define your role in a start-up, and get the opportunity to experience a semester abroad at a leading entrepreneurship institution. Throughout the entire programme you, along with your team, will build a start-up.
This programme blends traditional ‘for profit’ with progressive ‘for purpose’ business models, creating technology-based solutions to societal challenges. The entrepreneurship programme will have its own dedicated space in DTU Skylab for all teams, providing you with access to a state-of-the-art innovation hub.
As an MSc in Technology Entrepreneurship student, you will specialise in one of the following three study tracks. These specialisations ensure that graduates have the individual and team profiles required for a technology start-up to succeed.
- Technology & Design
- Strategy & User Insight
- Finance & Legal
As an MSc Technology Entrepreneurship graduate, you will either launch your own start-up, become an intrapreneur, Innovation Manager, Business Developer, or work as an entrepreneurial leader, manager, or change-maker in large corporations. As a technology fluent, creative problem solver, your skills will be highly sought after by start-ups, established companies, and organisations. Your ability to master soft and hard skills, work with team members from diverse backgrounds, from engineering to anthropology, and bridge technology and market, not only makes you an ideal candidate but also fit for the future. Furthermore, you may also continue to pursue your studies as a PhD student.
What we are looking for in candidates
Curiosity, open-mindedness and independence. You are a passionate, committed, and driven team player. You take personal responsibility for your education and training.
1. Independent Seeker
- Knowledge and experience seeker
- Original thinker
- Dot connector
- Not afraid to navigate uncharted waters
- Mentally agile and sharp
2. Purpose-driven Entrepreneur
- Ambitious, yet accountable
- Responsible risk-taker
- Self and socially aware
- Driven to make a difference
- Motivated by profit and purpose
3. Nordic Mindset
- Humble and kind
- Inclusive and open
- Respectful and collaborative
- Considerate and helpful
Academic requirements for this programme
The general admission requirements are as follows.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic university or professional bachelor’s degree from a university college. Any specialisation can be admitted to the programme. Note: The bachelor’s degree must be less than 10 years old.
- 15 ECTS within the following topic areas:
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership
- IT and data science
- Organisation, economics and law
- Qualitative method
- Quantitative method
- Physics, chemistry, biology, biotechnology, or mathematics
- Anatomy, physiology, pathology or epidemiology or physics, chemistry, biology, biotechnology or mathematics
- Environment, climate or sustainability
- Design or materials
- English proficiency
The programme is offered in English. Therefore, applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English (B-level, IELTS, TOEFL-, CAE or Pearson test). From Spring 2020, the minimum grade of English B-level is 3.0 (on the Danish grading scale). Find more information about the language test requirements.
The Master of Technology Entrepreneurship is a selective programme with limited spots available. In 2020, 30 candidates will be admitted to the programme. In order to embrace and leverage different perspectives, the intake will be based on domain and background to ensure balance and diversity.
Although you may fulfil the basic requirements, this does not guarantee acceptance to the programme. The final admission decision is based on your overall evaluation, including personal motivation, relevant (entrepreneurial) experience and academic results.
Upload your application, along with the following documents, on DTU’s online portal.
- Certified copy of your bachelors degree.
- If you have not completed your bachelor at the time of application, upload a certified course transcript.
- Certified transcript of bachelors degree grades / results.
- English level documentation (minimum B-level). The Master of Science in Technology Entrepreneurship is offered in English and proficiency in English must be demonstrated. Deadline for submission of Language proficiency is 1st March.
Given the limited spots available, we need more information about you – your entrepreneurial skills, experience and personality. Please see the list below.
Technology Entrepreneurship Requirements
- Choose a specialisation track, either in Technology & Design, Strategy & User Insight or Finance & Legal. Note: You can change your study track after being accepted to the programme, but it is mandatory to select a specialisation when applying.
- Pre-map at least 15 ECTS of the required topics listed above on your course transcript
- Write a motivational statement including:
- Describe why you are the right candidate for this programme, as well as your motivation for applying
- Create a job description for a person who would complement you in a tech start-up team
- Include your entrepreneurial experience
Please refer to this template when creating points 2 and 3.
The selection for the programme will take place over two rounds:
Submit the online application as described above. An initial screening of the applicants, including personal motivation, English level, and academic results will be made, and the short-listed applicants will be invited for second round.
A one-day workshop for a selected number of candidates will take place at DTU ultimo-March 2020. Selected applicants not residing in Denmark will be invited for an online interview.
After the second round, a final, overall evaluation will be made where we carefully consider each applicant on an individual basis, taking into account all the information presented throughout the application process.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified prospective students and want to recruit students with the very best entrepreneurial potential and motivation, irrespective of their backgrounds.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Robin van Oorschot at email@example.com.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org