About the programme
Urban and regional planning is constantly challenged by the transformation of society as well as by changes in our knowledge about and understanding of the world. This means that various processes, norms, applications and impacts of planning have to be continuously critically assessed. This multidisciplinary programme is designed for students who wish to deepen their knowledge of the terms and conditions of planning in Sweden and internationally. It is intended both for those who have a recent undergraduate degree and those who have some working experience and would like to get new impulses and insights. The programme is linked to the following research profiles: the Stockholm Urban and Regional Research Environment, and Population Geography, Migration and GIS.
Purpose and learning objectives
The programme includes:
– ability to critically and systematically analyse knowledge and to assess complex phenomena, issues and situations, and creatively elaborate optional solutions for ‘real-world’ projects.
– ability to identify and formulate issues critically, autonomously and as well as to plan and undertake advanced tasks and the ability to evaluate this work.
– ability to report and communicate clearly and to discuss conclusions.
– skills required for participation in research and development work or autonomous employment in some other qualified capacity.
– ability to identify the personal need for further knowledge and take responsibility for his or her ongoing learning.
Programme content and structure
Compulsory courses: Theoretical Perspectives on Planning, 7.5 credits, Planning Practices in Cities and Regions, 7.5 credits, Advanced Method in Human Geography and Urban and Regional Planning, 15 credits, Master’s Thesis in Urban and Regional Planning, 30 credits.
In the student study plan individual preferences can be met by optional courses at the departments of Archaeology and Classical Studies, Economics, Economic History, Ethnology, History of Religions and Gender Studies, Human Geography, Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Political Science, Sociology, and Statistics. One semester can be spent at a university abroad.
Degree and career options
The two year Master of Science with a main field of study in Urban and Regional Planning will provide students with qualifications which will give an obvious entry point for careers in process management and qualified analytical, development and administrative work in planning at local, regional, national and international level. The programme offers an ideal grounding for students wishing to pursue doctoral studies.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 90 ECTS credits in Human Geography, Geography, Urban and Regional Planning, Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Ethnology, Political Science, Economic History, Archaeology, Earth Science, Global Development, Environmental Management, Tourism or other university education relevant for Urban and Regional Planning. English B/English 6 (Swedish upper secondary school course) or equivalent.Information about entry requirements on universityadmissions.se
Grades of academic courses and the quality/subject of the Bachelor’s Thesis
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org